Chat+ Installation

Hi, we need to install the chat but can not we

It is a windows server

There is a tutorial, or you can help me by providing me the education?

Thank you

Samuele

Surprise

Quote · 15 Apr 2016

Since Chat+ is fairly new to all of us, I let the expert at Boonex team take care of it for me and the service fee was very reasonable. I have everything working like a charm. I prefer to get things up and running and learn in the process, otherwise I would have been spinning my wheels trying to figure things out and not be able to meet my project deadline.. I worked with Mr. Igor, he as done a great job ! Shoot him a PM, things will get done right the first time..

Cheers, 

Quote · 15 Apr 2016

Download/Install Dependencies

node: https://nodejs.org/en/download/

mongo: https://www.mongodb.org/downloads#production

graphicsmagick: http://www.graphicsmagick.org/INSTALL-windows.html#prerequisites

ghostscript(Optional for PDF render): http://ghostscript.com/download/

7zip Unarchiver: http://www.7-zip.org/

OR

tar for windows: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gtar.htm

Download either the latest development executable of Rocket.Chat server:

https://rocket.chat/releases/develop/download

OR the last stable release:

https://rocket.chat/releases/latest/download

Steps

Open PowerShell

1. install above software packages
  2. ideally place all packages in your environment path
  3. install node dependencies:

npm install nave -g 

If you need your server to survive reboot, you will need to craft your own restart powershell scripts or use a working process manager.

...\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\pm2\lib\CLI.js:601 if (process.getuid() != 0) { ^ TypeError: process.getuid is not a function 

1. get acquainted with https://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-windows/
  2. change directory to mongo root install folder (probably C:\Program Files\MongoDB)
  3. create an ini file at top level, mongo.ini

replSet=001-rs logpath = C:\Program Files\MongoDB\data\log\mongod.log dbpath = C:\Program Files\MongoDB\data\db\

1. create those directories (not the log file itself though)
  2. type cmd to enter command prompt itself, then Control+Shift+Enter to use cmd as Admin
  3. install mongod as a service with config options

"C:\Program Files\MongoDB\server\3.0\bin\mongod.exe" --config "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\mongo.ini" --install 

1. type powershell to head back to PS
  2. net start mongodb
  3. cd '.\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.0\bin' or place bin into your path first
  4. .\mongo.exe to enter mongo CLI
  5. rs.initiate()
  6. then exit to exit mongo CLI
  7. Install IIS with url-rewrite/application request routing/redirect/SSL support
  8. Open IIS and edit default website, add https binding and choose ssl cert
  9. Add url-rewrite rule, Reverse Proxy, you’ll be prompted to install ARR
  10. Enable SSL offloading, forward requests to localhost:3000
  11. Under SSL settings: Require SSL, ignore client certs
  12. cd in PS back to C:
  13. Set the environment variables:

ROOT_URL="http:// your-host-name-.com-as-accessed-from-internet/" MONGO_URL=mongodb://localhost:27017/rocketchat MONGO_OPLOG_URL=mongodb://localhost:27017/local 

1. Unarchive the downloaded tgz - Use 7zip or tar zxvf rocket.chat.tgz23. cd bundle/programs/server
  2. npm install
  3. cd ../..
  4. node main.js

This starts the server running.

TODO: get LDAP working, proper mail setup working, both currently crash server

TODO: run in a proper release mode, not debug mode

TODO: test other features

TODO: get process management working for rocket.chat to survive reboot

caredesign.net
Quote · 15 Apr 2016

I would not use the latest version of Chat+, it has been confirmed by Boonex team that the latest version is not compatible with Dolphin if you are planning to integrate the 2 products.. Currently I am using v0.20 which has been stable with D7.3 & has been confirmed by Boonex. I think the latest version is 0.25.

Quote · 15 Apr 2016

this is totally incorrect - it does work with Dolphin sites. if anyone does not believe me - you can test it out - http://cvp71.com - http://chat.cvp71.com. I am using v 25 of the Chat server.

I would not use the latest version of Chat+, it has been confirmed by Boonex team that the latest version is not compatible with Dolphin if you are planning to integrate the 2 products.. Currently I am using v0.20 which has been stable with D7.3 & has been confirmed by Boonex. I think the latest version is 0.25.

caredesign.net
Quote · 15 Apr 2016

just to clarify a bit. With V25, there is no preloaded Dolphin site OAuth, but you can create a custom OAuth for your Dolphin site. I like this better as I can control the button text and color - as opposed to the arrow pointing to a door that noone knows what it means. Attached is a photo of the settings to add a custom OAuth for your Dolphin site.

oauth.jpg · 181.4K · 1328 views
login.jpg · 219.7K · 1556 views
login2.jpg · 226.8K · 1253 views
caredesign.net
Quote · 15 Apr 2016

@Boonex Team - Could you please validate what Mr. Prof is saying ? What he is saying makes sense, but I need your confirmation if there are any other major obstacles we are not aware of as to why you installed v.20 Vs v.25 ?  I certainly want to be at v0.25 so I don't fall too behind & stay current with Rocket.Chat moving forward.. 

Please advice.  
Thx. 

Quote · 15 Apr 2016

We make Chat+ release (based on Rocket.Chat) when releasing new Dolphin version or in case of some major bug in the chat. There a lot of features in Chat+, so in most cases you won't need newly added features. 

@Boonex Team - Could you please validate what Mr. Prof is saying ? What he is saying makes sense, but I need your confirmation if there are any other major obstacles we are not aware of as to why you installed v.20 Vs v.25 ?  I certainly want to be at v0.25 so I don't fall too behind & stay current with Rocket.Chat moving forward.. 

Please advice.  
Thx. 

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 25 Apr 2016

the question is - you stated before that v25 wont work with Dolphin - and I say that it will - the person wants to know if you can validate whether v25 works with dolphin or not - not you trying to convince him NOT to use the new chat version. There are a lot of new features that people may want to use - such as the custom css feature - this would hepl greatly cause v20 does not have this feature and to make any css changes - it is a nightmare.

We make Chat+ release (based on Rocket.Chat) when releasing new Dolphin version or in case of some major bug in the chat. There a lot of features in Chat+, so in most cases you won't need newly added features. 

Please advice.  
Thx. 

caredesign.net
Quote · 25 Apr 2016

Actually, I started giving up on this project altogether.  Initially I approached Boonex team in hopes to get this right the first time and start introducing Chat+ to my community.  So I paid up front for the service, unfortunately 80% of Chat+ is NOT functioning on my Chat+..

First they said, we have the timezone difference so I gave them 48hrs, and then they came up with another excuse that I am not a SUBSCRIBED user, therefore I have to wait..  All of which I agreed to,  so I waited, and waited and still waiting as we speak.. I am going on my 3rd WEEK of WAITING now, I have yet to receive not even a courtesy email as to what the status is or whether I should wait till Christmas..

This is beyond belief, very disappointed..

@AJ 

Quote · 26 Apr 2016

Actually, I started giving up on this project altogether.  Initially I approached Boonex team in hopes to get this right the first time and start introducing Chat+ to my community.  So I paid up front for the service, unfortunately 80% of Chat+ is NOT functioning on my Chat+..

First they said, we have the timezone difference so I gave them 48hrs, and then they came up with another excuse that I am not a SUBSCRIBED user, therefore I have to wait..  All of which I agreed to,  so I waited, and waited and still waiting as we speak.. I am going on my 3rd WEEK of WAITING now, I have yet to receive not even a courtesy email as to what the status is or whether I should wait till Christmas..

This is beyond belief, very disappointed..

@AJ 

Hopefully you found solutions or at least heard back from them as it has been 7 more days now since this post.  I stumbled upon this thread with hopes to install the chat server and carry on with my life.  This release was promoted with "Yeah! Finally! You can have mobile friendly chat now!" However, I am quickly learning you need a PHd in SSH just to follow the instructions to start on this.  Did a whole 1 percent of the community get the opportunity to have chat?  Did we just add a feature that just requires people to pay to have it installed and maybe it will work?  Forgive my negativity but I was lifted up and excited to upgrade for chat to only learn that this is worse than having to install Rayz media server to use 1/4 of the features.  There are so many options that work out of the box that your everyday customer could have used to have chat capabilities on their communities and we use something that requires very extensive education and server modification just to have a shot at it working?  How much is it to install this thing? It sounds time consuming.  Lastly, I seen this version removed moxie manager except for licensed people.  Does that mean a Dolphin License or a license with MoxieManager or what does that mean?

Quote · 3 May 2016

Hi myhuntprofile. I can't say I agree with much of what you say below, but in the spirit of this support forum, have you tried actually installing Chat+ using the documentation available on-line?

I personally had no trouble at all installing it. The only queries I have ever had with it is properly "branding" it.

However, I am quickly learning you need a PHd in SSH just to follow the instructions to start on this.  Did a whole 1 percent of the community get the opportunity to have chat?  Did we just add a feature that just requires people to pay to have it installed and maybe it will work?  Forgive my negativity but I was lifted up and excited to upgrade for chat to only learn that this is worse than having to install Rayz media server to use 1/4 of the features.  There are so many options that work out of the box that your everyday customer could have used to have chat capabilities on their communities and we use something that requires very extensive education and server modification just to have a shot at it working?  How much is it to install this thing? It sounds time consuming.  Lastly, I seen this version removed moxie manager except for licensed people.  Does that mean a Dolphin License or a license with MoxieManager or what does that mean?

Quote · 3 May 2016

I did not try installing. I read through the install documentation amd quickly realized it is outside of my education' training, and experience.  Some of my post had hints of sarcasm out of my frustration with this. My apologies.  I suppose I am going to have to try this out to see if it is even worth learning to install.  Basically weigh the pros and cons to see if it adds value.

Quote · 3 May 2016

Yeah. I went with the "CentOS" installation version, I can't speak for the Ubuntu one but my guess is it would be just as straight forward. I followed the bouncing ball, step by step and it just worked.

Because of that "door" symbol and svg image - my only grievance with Chat+ - I have considered Prof's instructions above to go for a fresh v0.25 version install and use OAuth to integrate to Dolphin, but honestly seems like a lot of work for that minor benefit.

I might go through the v0.25 feature set to see if it convinces me to put in the time and have a separate Rocket.Chat installation instead of the Boonex modified one, but at the end of the day we do have a chat system that works and is "supported" by Boonex.

Quote · 3 May 2016

v25 has a great section tht makes it really easy to change the look of the Chat+. That feature alone makes it worth it to install v25. Setting up is extremely easy as it is only a few commands. One really - unless you want to build the Chat just for its and giggles.

caredesign.net
Quote · 3 May 2016

I am actually having problems myself getting the Chat+ and my Rocket.Chat to authenticate the login.  I am using the latest version of Rocket.Chat and I am sure that is part of the problem.  This version of Rocket.Chat has a field not shown in ProfessorSr's videos or pictures that he posted.  So, when I try and use Chat+ and use the dolphin login I get an "Unsupported scope was requested".  I feel I am like 99% complete in getting it to work but need to get over this LAST hurdle.  

Anyone have anything for me to try?  I can do a quick video if needed to provide more information on my setup. 

Quote · 25 Nov 2016

I am having a similar problem. We have service thru one of Boonex recommended hosting providers. They did the installation of the rocket.chat server and I can access it just fine.

However, I think my issue is with the authentication and connecting so that my instance of rocket.chat uses the Dolphin sites member info.

Is there a clear and concise tutorial to make sure I am completing the four elements (OAuth2, Dolphin Connect, Chat+ and Rocket.Chat window all with correct information and credentials?

At this point the chat page on my site requires a manual login. And say I log in my admin credentials those stay logged in regardless of the user. Not really a good thing to have every member having full admin access Frown

Any help and wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Quote · 2 Feb 2017

I was able to work it out myself. I was using the wrong OAuth tab in rocket chat. Theres one called OAuth Apps up higher on the list which isn't the correct one. All good.

Still would be nice to see a nice video tutorial on tips and ways to make Chat+ flow and work better within the dolphin site. Just a thought...

Quote · 2 Feb 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.