Chat+ on Mobile Device using Cordova & Meteor

Hey Everyone, quick Announcement fyi -

I couldn't find anyone throughout this community including Boonex team to do what I wanted to do. To be able to build dynamic APK (4-Android) & IPA (4-iOS) for the mobile device, but if there is a will, there is a way..

I was able to build these Mods successfully using Cordova & Meteor.

You are welcome to take my App for a test drive:  search on App Store or google play the keyword NAPERLIST and download the App.  

Please note, this is not the Boonex Chat+ version, I am currently testing with the RC version for now.

The current version I am using now is 0.56, but 0.57.1 just been released recently.

Please share any suggestions or issues you might encounter..

Thanks !

Quote · 7 Jul 2017

not sure if oyu knew - but you can use the default rocketchat app - believe for both android and ios. I know it is one for android cause i have used it - and it will work for the chat+ you have on your dolphin site.

caredesign.net
Quote · 7 Jul 2017

@ProfessorSr I think you are missing a crucial point here.. Yes, I am aware that you can use default RC App which works just fine on iOS or Android, but that works ONLY  via the mobile browser on the mobile device which is not as efficient as having a real dynamic APK App running on your mobile device.  I've tried it, it is very slow and most importantly, most of the RC chat features DONT WORK by running it via the mobile browser.  Try to change your Avatar, add a picture or upload a video and see what I am talking about..

Furthermore, If this was the standard way to run Apps on mobile devices, we could run all other major Apps such as whatsapp, Skype, Viber, Slack, Hipchat etc VIA the MOBILE BROWSER and no need to download their APKs on our phones, right ?  In fact, even Rocket Chat has its own APK which you can download on your mobile phone and which you can find at Google Play:  
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=chat.rocket.android  
Ask yourself why Rocket Chat has its own mobile APK on the top of what-is-so-called default Rocket Chat App.   

I built the same App as RC App that you see on above link. I call that the proper standard mobile App.  

I'd like to get other views from folks who build mobile Apps and what they think..

Quote · 7 Jul 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.