Comment box won't open

I'm having a problem with the comment box not opening to leave comments on things like profiles and blogs. I've found it to be due to the fact that the user's firewall won't let the javascript work. If you turn off your firewall, the comments work fine.  My members really get upset and frustrated with this and the people having problems are using various brands of firewalls. I can't tell everyone to turn off their firewall to leave comments.

I can't be the only one who has noticed this, I checked the Dolphin demo site here at Boonex and confirmed the problem there so I know it isn't just my site, it must be happening on all Dolphin sites. Is there a way to disable the comment box closing and opening with javascript and just have the comment box always open to solve this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Quote · 7 Feb 2009

**Bump** This is a pretty significant problem with the usability of Dolphin. Anyone have a workaround?

Quote · 8 Feb 2009

Unfortunately, this nothing to do with "popups". Something in the javascript that opens the comments box and on the join page is being locked out by popular firewalls. This has absolutely every relevance to Dolphin. If a large amount of web users can't use the features or even join a Dolphin site it is a real problem. In a perfect world people would spend a bunch of time adjusting their firewalls to work with a Dolphin site. However, if they are able to use other 99.8% of other sites on the web they visit without any problems, they'll simply leave thinking there is something wrong with the site, not their computer settings. They may not be that far off, if almost every other site on the web they visit doesn't force them to make changes to their firewall, but Dolphin does, is it their problem or the Dolphin site? A web site, especially one wanting people to use it, should be as user-friendly as possible.

As far as "making a page with the settings they need", that's why I wrote this post. I agree entirely, as it stands right now, the current set up of the Dolphin script does not work for a good many web surfers. That is why I asked in my initial post if anyone had an idea of how it could be changed so that this issue is relieved.

Quote · 9 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.