Common problems during upgrade from 7.0.7 to 7.0.8

Upgrade problems from 7.0.7 to 7.0.8

1. We forgot to include SQL for version changing for the following modules:

• pageac
  • smtpmailer
  • zipcodesearch

To fix this problem you can do using the ONE of the following ways:

a) reinstall above mods, but please note that you will need to re-enter all the settings in the modules.

OR

b) run the following SQL:

UPDATE `sys_modules` SET `version` = '1.0.8' WHERE `uri` = 'pageac' AND `version` = '1.0.7';
UPDATE `sys_modules` SET `version` = '1.0.8' WHERE `uri` = 'smtpmailer' AND `version` = '1.0.7';
UPDATE `sys_modules` SET `version` = '1.0.8' WHERE `uri` = 'zipcodesearch' AND `version` = '1.0.7';

clear /cache/ folder after above SQL queries are executed.

This variant will preserve all the settings in the module.

2. As we already said before forum template structure was changed and you need to ask template's author for the update. 

If you are the creator of the template or you feel you can do it by yourself you can follow these steps on how to update the template:

a) delete the following folders manually via FTP and or SSH:

• modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_XX
  • modules/boonex/forum/layout/TMPL_XX
  • modules/boonex/forum/classes/XX
  • modules/boonex/forum/js/XX

where:

• XX is language code, for example js/en
  • TMPL is template name, for example layout/uni_en

b) Copy all XSL files from layout/uni/ folder to layout/templatename/ (where templatename is your forum template folder). 

You will need to make changes in forum template again if needed. 

But now you can have more control since the following XSL template files were added:

• attachments.xsl
  • box.xsl
  • paginate.xsl
  • signature.xsl

For example, now you can change box.xsl if you changed designbox_1.html template.

c) recompile forum language file form Dolphin admin panel -> Modules -> Orca Forum -> Manage Forum -> Compile Lang: XX

(where XX is language code). If you have several templates, you will need to switch to every template and click compile language.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 31 Oct 2011

Hi All,

I've given up installing 7.08!  So who can install a functional site and how much?

Regards.

Armen

Quote · 1 Dec 2011

You might get a better response if you post this in the jobs section:

http://www.boonex.com/jobs

Hi All,

I've given up installing 7.08!  So who can install a functional site and how much?

Regards.

Armen

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 1 Dec 2011

I have been using..  Alex Ermashev for I thinking about a year now?

He does a great job... alexermashev@gmail.c​om

Give him a shout... I know now he is very busy....

Peer

Peer L. Plaut Executive Director, Single Booklovers Connecting Bookworms Since 1970
Quote · 1 Dec 2011

I haven't upgraded from 7.0.7 to 7.0.8 so the question, Is patch 7.0.8 update with the new changes?

r

Quote · 7 Dec 2011

You might get a better response if you post this in the jobs section:

http://www.boonex.com/jobs

Hi All,

Regards.

Armen

I just upgraded my D7.0.6 to D7.0.8 last week. I hired Jason from dolphin_jay. I have to say that this guy knows what he is doing. He even fixed my new Theme which broke during the upgrade.. I am very pleased with the result. He charged me $30 per version, which is worth it for someone like me who is not familiar with the upgrade process and not to mention the time that I would have spent on this and not knowing that I might screw up something which can bring my site down for a good period of time. Having an expert do it for you is worth it indeed..

I was also impressed with the prompt communication Jason has maintained with me throughout the upgrade process. I will certainly hire Jason again..

Quote · 9 Jan 2012

Hi All,

Regards.

Armen

wow

Quote · 31 Mar 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.