Create a Personality Test

Hello,

I would like to add a simple personality test to my site. So when the users answer some questions and click "submit", they get a result of what personality type they are. Is there a simple way I can do this?

Thanks a lot.

Quote · 21 Mar 2009

Hello,

I would like to add a simple personality test to my site. So when the users answer some questions and click "submit", they get a result of what personality type they are. Is there a simple way I can do this?

Thanks a lot.

Quote · 21 Mar 2009

No

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 21 Mar 2009

There are personality tests out there that you could incorporate into Dolphin.  Really, if you can imagine it you can do it, the question is how.  First, find a test you like and then check around if anyone has done it yet, if not it can be looked into.

Quote · 22 Mar 2009

Thanks to Mydatery for your response. I suppose another question I should ask is, has anyone put a personality test/questionnaire on their site?

Thanks.

Quote · 23 Mar 2009

My 'No'  was a simple answer to a simple question.  I try not to use a bunch of words to give a completely useless answer.  Anyways, my 'No' answer was based on knowing that accurate personality tests that use a Myers-Briggs algorithm to determine a personality as belonging to one of 16 groups, just aren't very accessible.   It is not a trivial matter to create a Myers-Briggs test, and I am not aware of any web scripts that you can download.. at any price.

If you just want to create your own test and personality types, there are a number of test creation scripts you could use.  If you did this, the 'personality' types are completely unscientific and just for fun.  Then you'd have to integrate the test with Dolphin, if you wanted to store test results according to Dolphin users.  It can certainly be done, but would definitely take some custom coding.  Is it simple?   I guess that just depends on how you define simple.  My answer remains a 'No'

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 23 Mar 2009

Do you know any test creation scripts/personality tests that I can use. Thanks for your response.

Quote · 24 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.