DATABASE CONNECT FAILED ON A VERY ACTIVE SITE

Hi There

I get this error & can't seem to access any of my pages - including /administration.

See screenshot below

Database Error

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Picture5.png · 118.5K · 326 views
Quote · 14 Nov 2015

As geek_girl said, Dolphin can't connect to the database. Double-check the connection information in /inc/header.inc.php, and also make sure the database server is up.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 14 Nov 2015

Hi Nathon

FIXED! I went to my cPanel databases and changed my Dolphin site database password. Then also changed it in /inc/header.inc.php and all working...

I can't seem to figure out why the password changed in cPanel... Anyhow - It's fixed now.

"Off-Topic-Question"

Is There a Upgrade available from 7.1.6 to the latest stable version?

Quote · 14 Nov 2015

Yes, you would first upgrade to 7.2.0; and be sure to follow the instructions to the letter.  I think you have to first change to the uni template before upgrading to 7.2.0.  Then you would apply the patch for 7.2.0 to 7.2.1

I suggest you back up everything first, all files, database.  I also suggest you do the upgrade first on a clone of your site to note any issues so you can fix those issues without worry of taking your live site down for any extended period.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 15 Nov 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.