Database backup error

Ok here's the deal

when i try to backup the database ""Choose operation"" backup structure and content save to pc it won't work it returns 500 internal error

if i select "backup structure only" then it works why doesn't it work when i try to backup structure and content

any help

p.s it did work a week ago and it just stoped i didn't do any modifications on the server or any files

Quote · 15 Dec 2008

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

when i try to "backup structure and content" that's the error that i get

the rest works just fine :))

Quote · 15 Dec 2008

Looks like a permission problem - check the perms on the /backup/ directory. Altho -- if you've done the backup before without problems... thats odd -- maybe copy the existing file to a temporary area and delete the original.

I more reliable way of backing up is by using your Cpanel or (if cpanel not used) then by using PHPMyAdmin. Both of these methods will ensure you have a reliable backup in the event you need a restore.

If you change a file - or a dbase entry, the change on your dolphin site is instant. There is no week or even moment of waiting for that change to be viewable on your dolphin site. I think mydatery must be thinking of domain changes which can take some time to propogate to other name servers.

But all changes / installs etc are instantly viewable on your dolphin install.

D

Quote · 15 Dec 2008

yes i am using PHPMyAdmin to backup the database i was just wondering why it stoped working

it was just easier to backup the database over dolphin instead having to log in into phpmyadmin

anyway thank you :)

Quote · 15 Dec 2008

Browser Cache - should be emptied to check the change on the site. Changes to PHP (non delivery-related function) would be shown instantly.

Should you change a file - I recommend emptying the cache, not waiting any amount of time to check that change. Others may not have visited that page and thus would not have a cache'd version of it to view... Cache is more related to the style.. colors etc - changes to the functionality would never not be visible regardless of the cache.. the script needs to run on the server in order to produce the HTML for delivery. Which means that the client-side is not even available until run-time. 

PHP creates the HTML that the client (browser) interprets. So other than the style, color etc - changes are instant on any PHP/ASP etc application, as the deliverable it not made until the application runs.

D

Quote · 15 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.