Developers, PLEASE add CSS to your elements, tags!

I have been wanting to say this for a looong time.

PLEASE, mark your elements with classes.

Eg. add an additional class to your tables!  And divs even!

insert a <span class=""></span> tag for your text!

add a class to your heading tags!

Etc. etc. etc.

Even if you don't style the elements / tags, at least WE can style them without having to go into the templates.

PLEASE.  And thank you!

Quote · 14 Jun 2014

re

can style them without having to go into the templates

That doesn't make sense. Where else would you style elements. Every single element doesn't need its own class. Most of the time you can target the specific element via parent elements.   

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 14 Jun 2014

I agree, all elements don't need additional classes.  But it would make life a LOT easier if you could do this (which I can quickly pop into my stylesheet):

table.classname td h3 {

}

instead of tracking down several parent divs.

An example - a table cell that has text in it (serving as a title) and then an image, and then some text again.  Because of the image size the image automatically wraps and the text stands alone, above and below.  If you want the text above to be large and bold and centered and the text below to be green, you will spend too much time coding.  If the "title" text had a heading tag the task would be so much easier.  If the image had a class I could easily add a bottom margin to it. etc. etc.

Quote · 14 Jun 2014

It's far more annoying when they hard code styles. Webmedia's game module is one of the finest examples of what not to do.. the hard coded styling is a friggin nightmare.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 14 Jun 2014

If you're talking about inline styling, yes, definitely.

Quote · 15 Jun 2014

It's far more annoying when they hard code styles. Webmedia's game module is one of the finest examples of what not to do.. the hard coded styling is a friggin nightmare.

awww hell, no doubt....great modules, but styling sux!

Quote · 15 Jun 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.