Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.6-to-v.7.2.0 Issues

I had a lot of trouble downloading Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.6-to-v.7.2.0 Once it was downloaded I found that it cannot open. The zip program stated that Dolphin Patch appeared to be damaged or corrupt. I have attempted to get in touch with Support and they have not replied or fixed the issue.

Does anyone still have the Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.6-to-v.7.2.0? If yes will you attach it to this issue or email it to me? I am the CEO of a 501 (c)(3) and we are updating Dolphin so we can start using the newest version.  Can we upgrade v7.1.6 directly to v7.2.1 and skip v7.2.0 using the Dolphin-Patch-v.7.2.0 to v7.2.1? Will there be any issues? Can we upgrade v7.1.6 directly to v7.3.0 using the Dolphin-Patch-v.7.3.0-Cumulative update?

Your help is appreciated.

God Bless

Michael

Quote · 22 Sep 2018

This file (Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.6-to-v.7.2.0 ) is totally ok. Try the programm Winrar to extract the compressed file.

Quote · 22 Sep 2018

Each patch has to be applied in order.  HOWEVER, you do not apply the beta patches if there are any; that is not clear and I mentioned it to Boonex but they never fix anything when given notice.  Do not apply the betas; only the full patch releases should be applied.  These would be the patches you would apply.  I suggest you back up the files and database first.  You may have to apply any modules after you finish the upgrade.

You can back up the files and database and do them all at once; or do each and test and back up after each.  Your call there.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Sep 2018

Hello Michael!

The advices from above are quite enough (except the message that BoonEx doesn't inform about the risks of beta patches - we always provide similar info). Please message me under what email you requested help from the support.

Quote · 23 Sep 2018

(except the message that BoonEx doesn't inform about the risks of beta patches - we always provide similar info).

NOT TRUE.  Visit the page; https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/Dol7Upgrade and you WILL NOT, see any instructions about not installing the beta patches if you are not at a beta or RC.

Quote · 24 Sep 2018

For example this patch from your list

https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/7.0.9-7.1.0.B1

contains the following line:

This is a Beta version, which means that it hasn't been tested exhaustively and may have bugs. Use it at your own risk.

I guess this is enough warning message.

Quote · 24 Sep 2018

Common sense is also needed with Beta versions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 24 Sep 2018

For example this patch from your list

https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/7.0.9-7.1.0.B1

contains the following line:

This is a Beta version, which means that it hasn't been tested exhaustively and may have bugs. Use it at your own risk.

I guess this is enough warning message.

Come now LeonidS, you are doing nothing more than CYA for Boonex.  I have asked that the page of patches contain a notice; which is really easy to do, to explain that if you are not at a beta or RC release you do not need to install the betas.  Yet, Boonex refuses.  I have had to fix messes from people that thought they had to go through each and every patch listed on that page. 

It is the same for the instructions of installing Rocket Cat (Chat +) that has very vague and missing information.  AlexT told me to write it.  I do not work for Boonex; I do not get paid for any of this, so it is NOT MY JOB to fix any instructions.

Quote · 24 Sep 2018

I tried to open Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.6-to-v.7.2.0 with WinRAR and again I was told that it is corrupt. I have attempted to open and extract it with 3 different programs and all 3 stated the same problem. Does anyone have Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.6-to-v.7.2.0 opened and saved that you can attach to this issue or email it to me? The non profit organization needs to upgrade. I would appreciate your help. LeonidS I will send you a message with my email account. If you can send me Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.6-to-v.7.2.0 that you already opened and used I would appreciate it. 

Just to let you know I have again attempted to download Dolphin-Patch-v.7.1.6-to-v.7.2.0 and the page will not open. 

Thanks for your help and answers. I truly appreciate it.

God Bless

Michael

Quote · 24 Sep 2018

Try using 7zip:  https://www.7-zip.org/

In my opinion it's better than WinRar.

I've used the 7.1.6 to 7.2 upgrade without issues. @GeekGirl is correct in that the download site doesn't say anything about avoiding beta's unless you read each upgrade's documentation in full - something that shouldn't be always necessary:

https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/Dol7Upgrade

All it needs to say at the top of the list is: "Only install major versions (black dots) when upgrading to a higher version."

That would have saved me a lot of heartache.

What peeves me is that most of the modules in most upgrades are there because the version number has been changed in the config file. This is unnecessary because in most instances, the module itself hasn't been changed in any way.

Download the upgrade from the above site. Maybe you're interrupting the download.

Quote · 25 Sep 2018

What peeves me is that most of the modules in most upgrades are there because the version number has been changed in the config file. This is unnecessary because in most instances, the module itself hasn't been changed in any way.

Yes, this means one has to go through each module checking because we may have made custom changes in modules.  This has peeved me as well.  Boonex should have done the module versioning differently and thus the only modules that would have to be included are those with actual changes.  Since Boonex modules upgrades are only available as part of the platform upgrades, it really is not necessary to have them renumbered each time.

Quote · 25 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.