Dolphin si considered as spam machine

I use dolphin 616 with 9000 members, and i have a big problem

When I want to contact my members by the mass maill all the persons with gmail or yahoo account dont receive anything

I look arround this issue and found that if my dolphin website dont use the smtp account of my webhosting and or dont permit to see the dns by the mail companies , gmail and yahoo and perhaps others will stop the emails from my website

So my question is :

Does dolphin use my webhost smtp parameter and does dolphin send reverse dns to gmail and yahoo and other

and if not, how can I change this ?

Quote · 31 Jan 2010

Does the 'From' email address you are using to send the emails, belong to that same domain from which the emails are sent?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 31 Jan 2010

In fact I dont know, because, where I have to put "the from adress" in dolphin ?

Quote · 31 Jan 2010

Those settings should be in inc/header.inc.php

Make sure that you are using email adresses that belong to the same domain that is sending the email.  A common spam filter is to reject incoming emails with a 'From' address that is from a different domain than than the domain from which the email is sent.  Many free email providers use this filter because that's the way most spam is formatted and sent.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 31 Jan 2010

thanks for answer, I have made changes with the 3 email adresses in header.inc

But I notice that when I send a message to a member, he doesn't get any "from adress" on the email field , there is nothing written in this field

So  how to have this field filled with by example  admin@mysite.com

Quote · 31 Jan 2010

thanks for answer, I have made changes with the 3 email adresses in header.inc

But I notice that when I send a message to a member, he doesn't get any "from adress" on the email field , there is nothing written in this field

So  how to have this field filled with by example  admin@mysite.com

did you find a solution? I am facing same problem.

Quote · 15 Feb 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.