Duplicates in sys_menu_top records

I posted before but never heard back. Really need someone with more solid database experience to confirm/answer this ASAP.

I noticed on the top menu I have duplicates of menu items. And if I drag them up they remain in the lower inactive area as well. Anyways I navigated to the appropriate sys_menu_top in phpmyadmin and see there are, in fact, duplicates of many items. See below Screenshot of one section. My question I need answered is if it would be a problem to delete the "extra" record that has same data referenced. In the example I'd assume deleting each record that has the "802" as parent.

Just need to know this is fine. Also if anyone knows how something like this might have occurred as well.

Thanks.

Quote · 12 May 2017

First of all, this could have occurred by a module that failed to install properly.  Boonex is going to make changes so that one can clean up through the admin the database when a module failed to install.  The problem is that if some changes were made to the database during a failed installation, those changes stay but the module is not actually installed and currently there is no way to easily run the uninstall sql script to clean up the database.  The ideal is that before the report that the installation of the module fails, the installation script will clean up the database so that one can then work on fixing why the module failed to installed.

Looking at the sql dump I would guess the bad entries are the ones where the parent is 0 and the order is 0.  It does appear that you had a failed attempt installing the photo module.  Of course you want to back up that table before making any changes.

You can also remove top menu entries through the navigation builder if they are showing properly, in your case they probably are not because the entries don't have the parent menu item set.

Just remember to back up any tables before making direct changes outside of Dolphin; you never know when something might happen and that backup will be needed.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 May 2017

@geek_girl

Much thanks. I had assumed the 0 0 configurations were the blocks that were considered "inactive" on the navigation admin page.

Am I correct in believing that if you have an item "active" up top it shouldn't still be showing down below in the inactive section.

Curiously the wording down below is conflicting. At the top of the items it says "All Items" which suggests everything is shown there regardless of being active or inactive. 

However the legend indicates those bottom items are only the "inactive" ones which, again, doesn't make sense if a copy of the active items is still showing down there.

Quote · 13 May 2017

No, you have duplicates; which is a problem and needs to be corrected.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 13 May 2017

The legend is incorrect, it should be "All items"

https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/issues/581

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 18 May 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.