Enable Cache in Dolphin Admin Panel

I run <host tools> in Admin, and got the stats below.. I went under settings > Advance settings - but I couldn't see DB Cache - Template Cache  or Page Block Cache..  I am running D7.1.6

• DB cache = Off (File based cache engine) - FAIL (please enable this cache in Dolphin Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings)
  • Page blocks cache = Off (File based cache engine) - FAIL (please enable this cache in Dolphin Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings
  • Templates Cache = Off (FileHtml based cache engine) - FAIL (please enable this cache in Dolphin Admin Panel -> Settings ->  Advanced Settings

Could someone shed some lights please..  Thanks.

Quote · 15 Nov 2015

Go to your admin on the side click on tools. then click on cache.. look at the top right of the page there and click on settings.. Or http://YOURDOMAIN/administration/cache.php?mode=settings

When you get there, make sure whatever cache you want on is checked..

Quote · 15 Nov 2015

If you turn on caching for a particular area and notices problems, then turn the caching off and clear the caches.  Some of the caching does not work well on some servers.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 15 Nov 2015

Thank you ! I see where it is now, it is under Tools > Cache and not under setting > advanced setting..
@geek_girl thanks for the heads up, I do have a dedicated box with 32G RAM, just following Boonex suggestion for now by turning all cache on and see  what happens, but that's good to know..

Speaking of Cache, I see that we can clear ALL CACHE from the Admin panel, I was wondering if I can schedule the Cache clean up every 2 wks or so via a cron script so I don't have to  do this manually..  Any thoughts ?  Do we have a script for this ?

Ok I ran <Host Tools>, Dolphin Cache passed this time, but MySQL still showing 2 items failed, which you can see below. Could someone give me an idea what would be the optimal values for all the parameters below considering I have 32GB RAM on a dedicated server:

MySQL:

• key_buffer_size = 8388608 - OK
  • query_cache_limit = 1048576 - OK
  • query_cache_size = 0 - FAIL (must be >= 16777216)
  • query_cache_type = ON - OK
  • max_heap_table_size = 16777216 - OK
  • tmp_table_size = 16777216 - OK
  • thread_cache_size = 0 - FAIL (must be > 0)

Lastly, under PHP, <memory_limit> failed, and got warnings below - Where do I adjust these parameters. Please note, I do have full access to the server, but I don't know which file I need to edit for this..

PHP 5.5.30
  • memory_limit = 33554432 - FAIL (must be >= 134217728)
  • post_max_size = 8388608 - WARNING (should be >= 52428800)
  • upload_max_filesize = 2097152 - WARNING (should be >= 52428800)

I was wondering if we have a Doc somewhere addressing how to best adjust all these parameters on a dedicated server..

Thanks again !

Quote · 15 Nov 2015

On a dedicated server, look for my.ini for the MySQL server settings.  You need to increase the amounts, save my.ini and then restart MySQL server.

For php, it is php.ini.  If you are running php as an Apache mod, after making changes to the php.ini file you will need to restart Apache.  If you are running PHP-FPM, then after changing php.ini you restart PHP-FPM.

Quote · 15 Nov 2015

Thanks geek_girl that worked great !! 

By the way, the file I ended up editing for mysql is <my.cnf> which is under /etc 

Quote · 15 Nov 2015

Yes, sorry about that, my bad.

Quote · 15 Nov 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.