Fields Builder stuck on 'Loading. . . .'

Hello Smile

I've just paid to have my site upgraded from v5.6 to 6.1.4.  Most things are ok and there are only a few things to clear up but one of them is crucial.

When I go to tBuilders >> Fields Builder the menu across the top appears but the actual fields, blocks etc fail to appear.  It just says it's Loading but it never does.

The other two builder areas are fine and I can move things around without a problem.  I've checked this in both Firefox and IE (latest versions)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quote · 15 Aug 2008

I guess a first thing to try on this would be clearing the cache files?  Trying to do this on a similar issue I did this a few times and got results.  As I recall, we were able to delete everying in the /cache directory at least without hurting anything.  Could someone verify if this is true -  i.e. that it never hurts to delete the contents of the /cache directory?

Rob

Quote · 15 Aug 2008

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've checked, and the cache directory has lots of 'userxsxx.php' files in it.

My guess these are created while a user is online i.e. per session?

Quote · 15 Aug 2008

Backup those files then delete the ones in that directory.  Test it again.  I don't know if that is the problem but it is worth a try.   Some software - link phpBB has a "clear cache" button - might be a good thing for Dolphin to do.  Are the guys who did the upgrade trying to help?

Rob

p.s.  Could someone tell me if it is necessary to backup the cache files before you delete them? - that is a pretty safe procedure, right?

Quote · 15 Aug 2008

Well, I gave that a try and deleted all the files in /cache but it hasn't made any difference.

I have several critical problems since the guy did the upgrade so I'm going to have to take this and all the others up with Support.

Quote · 16 Aug 2008

It is a long shot, but also make sure your browser cache is cleared.  I just had a problem I thought was much more serious, and that was all it was.

Rob

Quote · 16 Aug 2008

Fixed it!

After a combination of chatting to the hosting company and scouring these forums I found that the following line was missing from the header.inc.php file:

define('BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_PLUGINS', $dir['plugins']);

On to the next problem now Smile

Quote · 16 Aug 2008

Caltrade,

Just curious. Did you ever solve your NEW_ITEM problem that I saw on another post? I have the same problem and could never resolve it.

Quote · 18 Aug 2008

Well sometimes it is as simple as deleting it from the profiles table or the profiles field table, but I had another issue that was fixed by Boonex technical support.

Rob

Quote · 18 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.