Fix For Arrow Key- Page Scrolling Problem in Dolphin Game Zone

This will correct an issue for certain games within the Dolphin Game Zone, that require the use of the arrow keys for game play, such as 'Sonic Pacman 2'  This problem only occurs in Internet  Explorer.  It appears as though the flash object does not properly receive focus when clicked on, and when attempting to play the game, the entire page scrolls when the arrow keys are used, making game play in IE impossible.

To correct this issue in IE, open the file /gamezone/includes/specialpages.php for editing.  Find the code below, delete the text in red, then save the file to your server.

$ret .= "<center><table><tr><td>
<span class=\"gzhomepageheader\">"._t($row['title'])."</span><br><br>
<CENTER>
<object width='".$row['width']."' height='".$row['height']."'>
<param name='movie' value='gamezone/games/".$row['file']."'>
<param name='wmode' value='transparent'>
<embed wmode='transparent' src='gamezone/games/".$row['file']."' width='".$row['width']."' height='".$row['height']."'>
</embed>
</object></CENTER>

</td></tr></table></center>";

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 8 Feb 2011

Just used this fix and it works a treat. Thanks for your great support.

Anyone with the gamezone mod should use this fix, to keep their IE users happy.

Top notch

Quote · 9 Feb 2011

There is one caveat to removing wmode='transparent', which which cause wmode to be set to it's default value, wmode='window'.  While this is necessary for proper game play in IE, it will also cause the flash object to appear over any other object on the page, such as drop down menus.  It's not a problem for me, because I don't display the drop downs.  Be aware that this will happen.  I am not aware of any way to prevent it.... at least not at the moment.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 9 Feb 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.