Forgot password doesn't seem to work

Using the stock forgot.php file I'm getting a "PHP Fatal error:  Cannot make static method BxDolFormCheckerHelper::checkEmail() non static in class BxDolForgotCheckerHelper in /webSites/hotwife.community/forgot.php on line 15" every time it's accessed.  At one point I purchased the 'Advanced Password Forgot version 3.1.1 by Denre' and unless I put the rewrite rule (from the readme) in it doesn't seem to do anything.  Once I put the rewrite in for his module my users then get 'Access Denied'.

Everything else seems to be working, with the exception of this critical function.

Any help in determining why these items aren't working properly would be greatly appreciated.

* Running Dolphin 7.4.0

* Tried migrating my system to Una quite some time ago and it didn't work well and with the investment of time/money I've put into the Dolphin system, it doesn't make sense to throw all of that away to start over.

Quote · 16 May 2020

I am also having similar issue, when I try to retrieve a password, I am getting this message:

"You have been recognized as a XYZ member, but it was impossible to send you an e-mail with your account details right now."

I checked my SMTP mailer in Admin, I do have the hostname setup properly.. not sure what else to check..

Could someone assist please..  Thanks.

Quote · 16 May 2020

@JZMatrix, Dolphin 7.4.0 was full of problems. You should be running 7.4.2 which is the stable version.

It's possible that when you uninstalled "Password Forgot" it didn't uninstall properly, or you could be facing issues with 7.4.0 being unstable as it is.

Quote · 17 May 2020

Using the stock forgot.php file I'm getting a "PHP Fatal error:  Cannot make static method BxDolFormCheckerHelper::checkEmail() non static in class BxDolForgotCheckerHelper in /webSites/hotwife.community/forgot.php on line 15" every time it's accessed.  At one point I purchased the 'Advanced Password Forgot version 3.1.1 by Denre' and unless I put the rewrite rule (from the readme) in it doesn't seem to do anything.  Once I put the rewrite in for his module my users then get 'Access Denied'.

Everything else seems to be working, with the exception of this critical function.

Any help in determining why these items aren't working properly would be greatly appreciated.

* Running Dolphin 7.4.0

* Tried migrating my system to Una quite some time ago and it didn't work well and with the investment of time/money I've put into the Dolphin system, it doesn't make sense to throw all of that away to start over.

The rewrite rule should only be needed on 7.0.x versions of Dolphin. Newer versions of Dolphin should not need the rewrite rule.

The module does work with the latest version of Dolphin and I'm more than happy to help you solve it.

Just PM me.

Dedicated servers for as little as $32 (28 euro) - See http://denre.com for more information
Quote · 18 May 2020

I found solution to my issue & wanted to share it here..

If you are using SSL, you need setup SMTP properly using email authentication and the proper Port no. In my case I am using default port 465. 

In my situation, my emails started to fail because after I switched my site to SSL, I forgot to reconfigure my SMTP because the port # is  different on non-ssl vs ssl.  I also had to create an email Acct and dedicated to SMTP.

Hope this helps.

Quote · 25 May 2020

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.