Google Translate Web Page

This could be useful! Insert Google code, select language and Google translates it!

You can get the code from here: http://translate.google.com/translate_tools?hl=en&layout=1&eotf=1

or try this:

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/translatemypage.xml&amp;up_source_language=en&amp;w=160&amp;h=60&amp;title=&amp;border=&amp;output=js"></script>

I have this on a test page for my wall bed site, I followed the link ('classifieds') this took me to my D7 site and yes, Google had translated it!

If you want to see this in action go to: www.wallbedfurnitureshop.asia/index3.html

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 13 May 2010

I don't rely on Google Translate. It's lightyears behind a proper translation.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 13 May 2010

Babelfish is better. IMHO. Or at least it used to be.

I wrote a javascript function for my own CMS that submitted posted content to google translate and then stripped the response of all extraneous markup and added it into the database - it did this for each language enabled on the site. A cheap and dirty way of running a multi-lingual site - great for hobby / non-commercial sites, but as Magnussoft points out - the translations leave a lot to be desired and can easily make a professional site seem amateurish.

Adding a translate this page button is not so bad, as at least the user is aware of where the translation comes from. But the best solution is always to use a professional translator - especially if dealing with technical or uncommon dialects.

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 13 May 2010

Babelfish is better. IMHO. Or at least it used to be.

I wrote a javascript function for my own CMS that submitted posted content to google translate and then stripped the response of all extraneous markup and added it into the database - it did this for each language enabled on the site. A cheap and dirty way of running a multi-lingual site - great for hobby / non-commercial sites, but as Magnussoft points out - the translations leave a lot to be desired and can easily make a professional site seem amateurish.

Adding a translate this page button is not so bad, as at least the user is aware of where the translation comes from. But the best solution is always to use a professional translator - especially if dealing with technical or uncommon dialects.

/DM

Systran (which Yahoo! Babelfish uses) is actually far worse than Google Translate. That should give you an idea of how bad online translation solutions are at the moment. For controlled translations (such as documents), they work fine. However, for live web sites with constantly changing content and horrible typing skills from members, things can get lost in translation. And I don't mean that heart-warming film. Of course, if you want to use them, then by all means, go ahead. They are the only solution for those who cannot obtain a professional translation of their web site. However, if you can afford a true translation, you should always choose it over the automated online solutions.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 13 May 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.