Groups Error - Help!

Hi all -

When a user creates a group and goes to view the group, the entire page is viewable, but at the top of the page I get these error messages:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.scrubbinup.com/groups/orca/?action=group_last_topics&forum=Home-Care-Nursing&trans=1) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error in /home/scrubbi1/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolGroups.php on line 417

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scrubbi1/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolGroups.php:417) in /home/scrubbi1/public_html/inc/design.inc.php on line 495

Any advice???  Is this because of the Patch I just installed?

Thanks!

DM

Quote · 21 Jun 2008

I get same thing when i fix it ill post here. i have fixed lots of problems in 6.1 but i fix them as i go.

Quote · 25 Jun 2008

I accept paypal. I will help anyone fix their scripts. any perl or php scripts. The error listed on this thread has been resolved on my site. I dont think i have never seen a perfect script there is always something like bugs, security holes, crappy hosting company etc, etc

Quote · 25 Jun 2008

Does anyone have a fix for this? I have the same issue as the original poster.

http://www.findaballer.com/Dolphin/groups/entry/ACC

Thanks in advance!

Quote · 26 Jun 2008

http://www.findaballer.com/Dolphin/groups/entry/ACC

URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration

you should enable this possibility :)

Quote · 26 Jun 2008

ok here is what i did.

First make backup of your original file in case it still doesnt fix it.

so when you reupload changes if your script messess up just reupload the backup you made

download that file bxdolgroups.php

open with a text editor that has line number find line 417 and delete it. worked for me

or for people with no line numbers in there text editor find

$sRet = file_get_contents("{$site['groups']}orca/?action=group_last_topics&forum={$sForumUri}&trans=1");

delete it

worked for me dont know if it right or wrong but my site works 100% hosting on godaddy works in firefox 3.0 and internet explorer 7.0

Maybe i wasnt suppose to delete that line but thats what fixed my same site error.

If it worked for you Your Welcome

If it didnt contact boonex support

Quote · 26 Jun 2008

That seemed to do the trick.  Thanks so much!

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

That worked, thanks!

Quote · 2 Jul 2008

The only problem with the "delete" solution is the function that line of code performs now doesn't work... that is, it doesn't display the latest posts from that group in the "Forum" box at the bottom of the group.

Maybe, not a big deal...

But, I'd like to know how to fix this AND get the latest posts to show up.

Anybody figure it out?

Thanks!!

John

www.UntouchablesUnderground.com

Quote · 6 Aug 2008

What version you guys have?

It works fine in v6.1.4  .....

Quote · 6 Aug 2008

I'm using 6.1.4...

Thanks!!

John

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

I also checked my phpinfo and fopen is turned on and I still get the file contents error.

Thanks!!

John

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

i solved this problem on my server using this:

before (the line with problem)

ini_set("allow_url_fopen", 1);
ini_set("allow_url_include", 1);

after (to close again) (the line with problem)
ini_set("allow_url_fopen", 0);
ini_set("allow_url_include", 0);

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.