HELP CANNOT inset my mods sql files

I've run into a bit of a problem.. your .sql file refuses to load into the mysql database. I am using mysql 6.0.7 the latest. I am also having this problem with other scripts namely gifts and points. the sql.php file refuses to run it craps out with a query error on all cases.. removing the php code from the file and then trying to load it with mysql adnimistrator comes up with an authentication error.. will not load unless i put ignore errors.. but when i do the script doesn't work properly.. so i guess that means it didn't load all the sql data with ingnore on.i also tried with the latest version of phpmyadmin.. and it gave me errors too. this just doesn't happen on your script .. but all sql scripts.. can you tell me what i am doing wrong?

There must be a trick into loading these .sql files into my mysql6.0.7 database.. if you know the trick please do explain it sdo that i and others can benifit from it. thanks

Quote · 7 Dec 2008

Sounds like you are running a manual creation of your database, tables and data. This is what I normally do. But on this occassion I installed for the first time using the browser url link to the install script which created the tables, fields and data. I highly recommend it because

1) The permissions get a bit complicated and the install script displays the correct areas via the FTP to correct the permissions.

2) Easy of use

Compare the sql file you are uploading with previous sql files you have had success with use notepad or word to view each sql text file. There could be an answer there.

Quote · 7 Dec 2008

it seems it's not creating fields or fields are not in existance in my database.. now when i remove the db() from the strings to make it insert only... this problem arises.. is there any way to force table generation ? its also telling me is a dump of some kind.

Quote · 7 Dec 2008

If your SQL look likes

$dump = db_res("INSERT INTO TableName SET `ID` = '{$IDnormal}', `Profile` = 1, `Check` = 1");

edit it to

db_res("INSERT INTO TableName SET `ID` = '{$IDnormal}', `Profile` = 1, `Check` = 1");

Quote · 7 Dec 2008

yes i've tried that with db() and without just using inserts... but for some reason it is giving me a problem with $iLangCategID in the fields list... it craps out right there. i don't think this table or field exists. how do i force it to make it.

Quote · 7 Dec 2008

Contact they who has made the mod, they will fix it...

If you will check about the table are there or not and make it if not, you need to make a sql like this,

(need to be before INSERT INTO TableName)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `[module_db_prefix]Favorites` (
`ID` BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`User` VARCHAR(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
`Video` BIGINT NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `ID` )
);

Quote · 7 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.