Have Dolphin installed and partial working

I changed my hosting to gigapros.com used there online installer to setup dolphin.  I am having a couple of problems though.

1. Anything besides photos uploaded causes a 406 error.   I have tried large small doesnt matter.  I have changed the max file size to 200 (host recomended), checked folder permissions.  Anyone have any ideas?

2. 404s when clicking on some links video, profile and so on.  I disabled the easy urls to get by this and it is working, have also checked with host to make sure mod_rewrite is enabled.  and check the .htaccess to confirm the correct code is there.

I am sure there will be more and apreciate any help you can offer.  Is there another support forum besides this?  Seems like alot of questions never get answered?

Quote · 22 Jan 2009

Hi,

1. What is 200? - 200 bytes? :)

Also read

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=406+error&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

any topics here.

Here explanation of your 406 error.

HTTP Error 406 Not acceptable

HTTP 406 Error - mod_security bites and causes problems with ..

Seems your host can`t accept any image file :)

2. about 404 - not found. Are you know something about permalinks? Seems we all thousands times explain that mod_rewrite are required. Recheck your host settings and enable mod_rewrite.

Quote · 22 Jan 2009

I had a really good half ass response written but figured why lower myself.  To answer the questions

200 is megabytes

Yes google does work and very well I might add

gigapro has worked out the 406 issue I am waiting for the response back on what they did so I can post it here.  Mod_rewrite was and is enabled after disabling permalinks and reenabling them they magically started working.

For those of you experiencing the same errors here is a link to troubleshoot the 406 error that I went through before posting here

http://www.dialme.com/articles/entry/-htaccess-php-ini-Help-Guide#cgi

At this point the site is up and running I am able to upload video,audio and images.  The video chat, im and video recording is working.  I am using gigapros rms service which seems to be outstanding.

The only issue I have found is adding music using the profile music link, it just comes up with a blank page that seems to have a flash file in it.  I have not researched it yet so I will post what I find when I do.

Quote · 22 Jan 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.