Hostupon dolphin hosting / web hosting review

When I first signed up at hostupon I was getting out of resource errors when I only had on blog site that got less than 100 hits a day. I had to submit multiple support tickets before someone looked at the problem instead of just telling me my wordpress install was the problem. Turns out all the resource limits on that cloud server were set to less than 10% of what they should have been.

After that got fixed, and after my 30 day money back guaranty expired I started having websites down for literally hours at a time. Every time I submitted a support ticket I just got excuses about how it must be my web connection or it was an outage outside their control, never mind that I could traceroute two hops beyond their firewall or that I couldn't reach the sites from either of my vpns in other countries on other continents, and tracing from those died at the same place inside their system. When I tried to get a refund based on multiple outages I was told I couldn't because the servers had always been up and even though they were unreachable to anyone outside their system, it didn't meet the "server downtime" requirements for a refund. My websites were all down again last night for 3 hours starting at 8pm on a friday, my heaviest usage time, and again for 2 hours starting at just after 2am. I've moved all my client's websites to another host at my expense due to their complaints about down time over the last few months.

As for being "certified dolphin hosts" it must a paid for certification, because they definitely can't host or support dolphin. Before signing up for an upgraded dolphin hosting plan I asked 3 different reps if I would would get enough unpaid support for dolphin to at least get it up and running. I was assured this would be no issue at all and that because they were a certified dolphin host they had "dolphin experts" available 24/7 should I experience any issues getting started, or for any other issue or upgrade.

I created one test install of 7.1.6 a couple months back, I set up askimet and the other security features and that was it, it was working fine, although it was not being used by anyone. Two nights ago I created another install of 7.2 with the intention of using it for an active community. When I tried to configure the flash apps and add the rms server info I got an "invalid parameters" error and could not access the settings, and still can't 2 days later. I also checked the 7.1.6 install and it is now having the same issue and has also been unconfigurable for at least the last 2 days. When I submitted a support ticket explaining the situation to the certified dolphin experts they gave me the following response and closed the ticket marking it answered:

"As for the 'Invalid Parameters' message that is being generated by the script. I checked the Dolphin forums but there was nothing current, everything was quite outdated. Have you had a chance to maybe post this on their forums? They do seem to have an active community so you should get a response fairly quick."

So, if you want a certified dolphin host that can't even keep a basic install with no users running, and will have your website unavailable for several hours at a time every couple of  weeks, and refuses to offer even the most basic tech support, while blaming you for their problems, look no further than hostupon...

Quote · 18 Oct 2015

OK, I feel compelled to set the record straight here, after some additional effort I did get someone from tech support to look into the dolphin flash app problem. While they didn't find the problem they were working on it when I realized what was going on. The problem was on my end, a corrupted flash install which caused the problem in all three browsers on my computer. They couldn't have known that on their end, so I'll give them points for trying to make it right for me. My apologies to hostupon for that.

The rest of the post stands though...

Quote · 18 Oct 2015

If i was you , i will move my dolphin software to zarconia and you will see how the great support is .

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 18 Oct 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.