How do I SEO my site & Hosting feedback

Hi, how do I search engine optimize Dolphin? Can I optimize all pages? anyone have some tips?

Also, I am considering HOSTUPON and was wondering if anyone could reccomend them for dolphin hosting?

Thanks for all input!

AIPranch

Quote · 30 Oct 2008

for SEO you can use meta tags from admin area >> settings.

Regards

Artur

Quote · 31 Oct 2008

i'm looking for  the same solution. need to be able to set titles for website and chage metatags for diferent pages.

if you will find anything please send me a message

Quote · 7 Nov 2008

The change you want can be done by editing the individual site titles and headers in the templates folder. It would be a lot of manual work, changing each title to your own description and meta tags, but it would achieve the desired result.

One thing that I implemented for our site was using dynamic information to include in the page titles. So if a person creates a member page, the profile fields i specify are included in the page title (I use City, DescriptionMe, and a custom field for keywords), and google seems to be giving some good love based on that (no duplicate titles etc.). I figured it was going to be built into the next dolphin release, but if its needed, I can put the hack together with some instructions, and put it up on expertzzz. What's the interest for this quick & dirty hack/mod?

Cheerz,

Scott

Quote · 7 Nov 2008

Interested

Quote · 8 Nov 2008

K, working on it this wknd.

Quote · 10 Nov 2008

Yes, I would imagine a number of people would be interested in this.  will you be offering this for free?

clubbeyourself
Quote · 11 Nov 2008

kinder,

changing the titles and descriptions and adding the tags on each page is not an issue, but how can I get to the specific member profile pages so that I can add SEngine info so the spiders can crawl the specific pages?  I looked in the templates folder, but cannot seem to locate any pages that have been added and have also looked in the language file for the specific strings and there is not anything that is returned in the search.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  The goal is to change every page so that the specific pages are maximized for the SE.

thanks

Quote · 11 Nov 2008

Hi fornelliman,

Yes, that's basically what i needed it for also. Each member page is a potential landing page for google. With current dolphin, the profile page metatags are all the same... the page titles are different (it contains Nickname: Headline - i think...), but descriptions and metatags are the same.

I wanted my pages optimized for "City", CustomField1, and CustomField, so more of whatever users enter into their profile gets seen by google.

Of course you have to monitor what they write... depending on your site & members ;)

I'll see what I can do to put a cheap mod for this up this wknd.

Quote · 12 Nov 2008

This site always has great FREE mods, and looks like they should be realeasing this one soon

http://www.flashdaweb.com/resources/dolphin/all-dolphin-seo-plugin-modification

Quote · 13 Nov 2008

Flashdaweb mod comes out today for SEO. Looks nice and has settings within the dolphin admin panel

Quote · 14 Nov 2008

Like minds think alike i guess. As promised, profiles SEO mod posted today. Give it a try those who are interested. thx.

Quote · 17 Nov 2008

Hi,

We have opted( for www.OyHello.com) Apthost for hosting. We are happy with the results so far. Dolphin coding is very modular. To add meta tags, Keywords- either do it from admin panel or you can check the inc folder in your installation. I think it's header.inc.php..

Also pay attention to .htaccess file where you can set the mod rewrite to make the dynamic urls static. (dynamic urls are not search engine friendly)

My advice is to use the Big players in social networking to create a network & use that network to increase your site's traffic.

Happy SEO!!

Thanks Boonex!!

3E Solutions, India

Quote · 1 Dec 2008

Meta Tag Control allows you to use your own meta per page.
This free mod has been integrated into the admin console for easy management. This free mod has been tested for Dolphin Version 6.1.4

Working example http://www.We-People.com/

right click on pages and choose view source

If you like my little mod please Link to us
(instructions in the readme.txt) or create an account at our site. Thanks & enjoy.

/***********************************************************
VERSION 1.1 HAS SUPPORT FOR DOLPHIN INSTALLED IN SUB FOLDERS
***********************************************************/
http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/5142

Quote · 24 Jan 2009

Also to boost your Seo Rank try this

Now we have a new mod that allows you to use Seo Links and anchor tags, AUTOMATICALLY site wide

http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/5406

Quote · 20 Feb 2009

Meta Tag Control allows you to use your own meta per page.
This free mod has been integrated into the admin console for easy management. This free mod has been tested for Dolphin Version 6.1.4

Working example http://www.We-People.com/

right click on pages and choose view source

If you like my little mod please Link to us
(instructions in the readme.txt) or create an account at our site. Thanks & enjoy.

/***********************************************************
VERSION 1.1 HAS SUPPORT FOR DOLPHIN INSTALLED IN SUB FOLDERS
***********************************************************/
http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/5142

I cheated here and pulled this out of one of the most popular dating sites home pages using firebug.  You'll note it's the meta content, which is what the mod referred to above does part of.  It handles the meta content for description and keyword, working great for that.  It would help if this mod could have the "Classification" for Meta Content appear in addition to what it currently does.

Here's how a popular site that ranks high with it's key words does it:

<meta content="EN" http-equiv="Content-Language"/>
<meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv="Content-Type"/>
<meta content="100% Free online dating and matchmaking service for singles. 900,000 Daily Active Members." name="description"/>
<meta content="free online dating, dating, matchmaking,online dating,dating service,personals,matchmaker,personal ads" name="KEYWORDS"/>
<meta content="Free Dating,dating, personals, free dating, online dating, singles, matchmaking, love, relationships" name="CLASSIFICATION"/>
Notice the last section that deals with Classification, this is important and needs to not be ignored when trying to optimize our sites.  In addition, it's not enough to just do the meta content, the pages that this content is on need to reference the items within the pages text, meaning if you use "Online Dating" in the Meta Content, you need to use it within the pages text also, Google will actually penalize you for not placing meta content within the individual page's actual visitor visible text, bolding these worlds will also help you out, as will having them link to other sites or pages within your site. 
Next, set up one way links, back links are okay, but one way links from other sites to yours are golden when it comes to the Search Engines.  Not sure what the reason for this is, but link for link seems to penalize a site where as one way links from other sites that are related to yours, are extremely valuable and will earn you higher ranking, the more one way links to your site, the higher your ranking and alexa score will go.
In the end, no site will move to the top of Googles or any other search engine's ranking instantly, unless of course your paying for keywords and have the highest bid on them, so you have to be patient, use keywords that correctly identify the individual pages on your site when a member views the content.  Remember, if it's not on that specific page then don't put it in the meta content, but if it's there, then use it to your advantage. 
Quote · 21 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.