How do promotional memberships work?

Do promotional memberships need to be set manually, or is there something that will trigger them automatically?

Is there a way to make promotional memberships the default for new members? Is there a mod for it?

Seems like (promotional) memberships should be the default when they are turned ON, and (standard) when promotional memberships are turned OFF.

Thanks.

Quote · 6 Nov 2008

In the settings by default i believe it is set to Auto promotional membership for the first 7 days? You can turn this off or change the value.

Quote · 6 Nov 2008

In the settings by default i believe it is set to Auto promotional membership for the first 7 days? You can turn this off or change the value.

I turn off free mode. I enable promotional memberships. I set the number of days. What else?

New users that sign-up still default to standard.

Promotional membership does not seem to be automatic.

Have you verified that it does work?

Thanks.

Quote · 6 Nov 2008

I sure would like to know this as well.  It seem to me if free mode is turned off the Promotional membership should be triggered automatically and then when it expires they revert to standard.

On My 6.1.4 I have to MANUALLY set the membership level to promotional.   Why is this?

Shared Dolphin Hosting w/RMS
Quote · 14 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.