How to REALLY change the orca URL?

Ok on the advice of some people here (thanks) I was able to change the orca link in my header and bind the orca folder to the folder "forums" on my server.

The problem is, the dolphin script still links to Orca all over the place.... Latest forum threads on the homepage and in user profiles. Even on the forum page itself in Forum Spy all the links point to Orca.

How do I fix this?

Quote · 2 Jun 2008

To change the blocks in profile, home page goto the page builders for those pages and change the urls.

----
Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Hi yes thanks I was able to do that but like I said all the other links in the forum itself still point to orca.

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

redirect it in your .htaccess file.

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

You are welcome.

----
Quote · 5 Jun 2008

Ok this is my fault I guess because I didn't explain it correctly.

All of the links in Orca point to orca.

The Group links, the Forum Spy links ALL of them link to http://mysite.com/orca/forum.

This is NOT a 404 error issue. My forums work fine.... I want the LINKS themselves to say http://mysite.com/forums. You can't change the physical links generated by Orca to say /forums/ instead of /orca/ with .htaccess

I don't need to do a redirect because I already did a bind on the local server so the server treats any request for forum as a request for orca (thanks to sgt_pfk). That's why I can link to mysite.com/forums in my menubar and the forum still works.

You see what I'm trying to do?

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

This is something I really wish Dolphin / Orca would fix.  Having a url that says /orca looks terrible.  The word "orca" means nothing to most users, and this is a tacky way to sneak in branding.   This alone, if it cannot be fixed, would be justification for not using Orca at all, and integrating phpBB or some other forum.

Rob

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

So no solution till now?

Quote · 28 Jun 2008

This is something I really wish Dolphin / Orca would fix. Having a url that says /orca looks terrible. The word "orca" means nothing to most users, and this is a tacky way to sneak in branding. This alone, if it cannot be fixed, would be justification for not using Orca at all, and integrating phpBB or some other forum.

Rob

That's what I did and it looks 10 times better and operates much smoother. Plus you can change the sub to anything you want

VideoMagOnline.com/Forumz

Personally I recommend it over orca Sealed

Quote · 29 Jun 2008

Really a wonderful work!!!

Could you tell me please how i have to do to install it as you?

Thanks a lot!

matteo

Quote · 29 Jun 2008
  • go to phpbb.com

• download the latest version

• follow all instructions (It's seperate from Dolphin so no worry about fucking up code)

• Then what I did was:

• in the admin panel

• went to builders

• found blog

• and changed the url to the location of the phpbb

-END

Quote · 29 Jun 2008

Brooklyn,

What you did is fine, but it is hardly a full Dolphin / phpBB integration.   I didn't review your site in detail, but it seems that you still have a separate registration system for Dolphin and phpBB.

Rob

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.