How to grant a moderator permission on orca?

Hello, im from Brasil, so if my english is bad, sorry...

I need to do a grant moderator permission for another member, for he take cares the forum for me, but, i cant do that without give him the admin login and pass.

Can any one help me?

tank

Quote · 29 Nov 2009

You can add admins permission to your friend account using phpadmin.

click Profiles table, Browse users, edit the one you want and add number 3 ( that is for admin permission)  for "Role" record --> Save

Quote · 29 Nov 2009

You might wanna double check that Tracker. You giving someone the same permissions as the Admin, you might want to also make sure they cannot login to the admin panel and make changes.

The easiest thing would be to create a Membership Level, that allows "additional features", such as:

Forum edit all

Forum delete all

Forum make sticky

Forum private post

Forum private read,

etc..

Chris

Nothing to see here
Quote · 29 Nov 2009

You might wanna double check that Tracker. You giving someone the same permissions as the Admin, you might want to also make sure they cannot login to the admin panel and make changes.

The easiest thing would be to create a Membership Level, that allows "additional features", such as:

Forum edit all

Forum delete all

Forum make sticky

Forum private post

Forum private read,

etc..

Chris

thanks, Zarcon . I will use that.

Quote · 2 Dec 2009

Thanks people, you are awesome!!!!

I will try this Zarcon, thanks, good to know about the role field in database Traker.

Tanks to you all.

Giora

Quote · 17 Jan 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.