Image upload byte size restriction?

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and that peace is with you.

I wonder if I might ask for some additional help please, I realise us noobies can be quite irritating with our simplicity and I apologise for my simplistic questions.

Our site is completely FREE of charge for all members but has restrictions on access to some areas for non-Church members. We are not permitting music or video uploads due to the massive extent of piracy on the internet, we are neutral on opinion of piracy, we neither condone nor condemn, it is none of our business so we have no opinion. Having said that we do not want to seem to promote it by having possibly pirated media on our site, so we don't allow it at all.

We would like members to feel comfortable with uploading images but we should like to be able to restrict the byste size of uploaded images to something like 100kb per file.

Does anyone know how we could implement such a restriction and if so would you be so kind as to share this knowledge please. I have been looking for hours on end now and cannot find an answer to this, the day has been a long and hard one so I am having to ask for help, I hope you do not mind.

Oh, if anyone knows the solution could you please give me the idiots guide, if at all possible a precise run down of the proceedure, I realise my request may seem a trivial one to some but it will make things go a lot more smoothly for our fledgling site. For your information, we are on a shared host, I see a lot of references to VIP or dedicated servers, we do not have the financing ability to purchase license let alone a very expensive server. As we do not allow music and video we shouldn't have too many server side issues with bandwidth etcetera.

Hmmm, I'm babbling, I shall digress, I hope some one can help, peace be yours Sisters and Brothers,

Reverend.Kirk.Fitzgerald

Quote · 21 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.