Installation Problem

Hi,

Ive just attempted to install Dolphin at HostforWeb and at the very end of the install process after permission reversal I got this error -

The next page brings up the following error -

Warning: require_once(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~avhowcom/forum/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/avhowcom/public_html/forum/inc/header.inc.php on line 172

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~avhowcom/forum/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avhowcom/public_html/forum/inc/header.inc.php on line 172

Anybody any ideas as to my problem?

Thanks

Max

Quote · 29 May 2008

You don't have a virtual host set up in apache yet, so its looking in /usr/local/apache/htdocs instead of /home/.  I think.

Change your document root in apache and try again maybe.

Quote · 29 May 2008

Hi,

Im sorry I should have mentioned Im pretty new to this. I can follow instructiosn pretty well but Im not an expert by any means.

Can you explain a bit more about what I need to do? How would I change my document root in apache?

Is it a setting I can get to using the c-panel?

I should also mention that I only bought hosting. I am going to point my domain to the host once I get this set up. Is that perhaps a problem?

The direct address to the problem at the moment is - http://205.234.140.187/~avhowcom/forum/index.php

Cheers

Max

Quote · 29 May 2008

Open the file inc/header.inc.php

Replace this "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~avhowcom/forum/"

with

"/home/avhowcom/public_html/forum/"

This will fix your problem.

----
Quote · 29 May 2008

Brilliant! It worked!! Thanks a Bunch! Laughing

Quote · 29 May 2008

Perhaps I spoke too soon... Once I got the installed succesfully page I deleted the Install file and now I get Dolphin up and running but it has 3 sets of warnings at the top of the page -

http://205.234.140.187/~avhowcom/forum/index.php

Here are the errors -

Warning: include(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~avhowcom/forum/inc/header.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/avhowcom/public_html/forum/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php on line 10

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~avhowcom/forum/inc/header.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avhowcom/public_html/forum/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/avhowcom/public_html/forum/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php:10) in /home/avhowcom/public_html/forum/inc/design.inc.php on line 495

Any ideas on how to fix those 3?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 29 May 2008

Aha!! I also had to do the change you suggested in the Ray/Modules/Global/Inc folder too.

Just did that and I'm up and running.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 29 May 2008

Yes, you have to change that too. Also check the files inside periodic folder.

----
Quote · 30 May 2008

Hi,

Just as an extra if anyone else experiences this fault. The problem was that I bought hosting from hostforweb and had a domain registsred elsewhere. Installing Dolphin using the default hostforweb IP address that they give you created the fault in the Dolphin installation whereby incorrect locations were created by the install application.

However once I changed the nameservers of my domain and pointed them to my new hostforweb account I attempted a reinstall.  Because the domain name was pointing correctly, the installation file set it all up fine.

Trying to install dolphin on bare hosts is tricky. Making usre you have a correctly pointed domain simplifies the process.

Thanks to those who helped me solve my problems.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 1 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.