Installation and templets

I want to use Dolphin instead of Dzoic Handshakes on my site cruisinstyle.com. Can anyone help with that? I want the site to look the same but run with Dolphin software.

RonV - webmaster @ cruisinstyle.com
Quote · 25 Dec 2015

I could help with your project.  I don't think we can PM since you are a starter account.  I will send you a PM with details.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 25 Dec 2015

I had dolphin installed at new.cruisinstyle.com for testing and development. All modifications need to be done and saved in files that will not be overwritten when any updates to the software Dolphin.Pro 7.2.1 that the supplier may provide. I’m sure you know that but I want us to be on the same page if we proceed.  I looked at all the features of Dolphin as found at https://www.boonex.com/features. I have made a “Site” map for myself to get a feel how they would translate to CSM (Cruising’ Style Magazine). When I comment NO Idea - it’s either because I don’t know what it is or I don’t know if it benefits having it on the site and I need guidance on it.

So this should give you an idea of the scope of the project and give me a bid.

Ads
• Classified ads for site members with custom categories, prices and photos.
• Or as an alternative Become an affiliate of www.classiccars.com and change branding to CSM (Cruisin’ Style Magazine)

Articles
• Rich-text articles with individual categories posting by site admin only. Great for documents, notes and announcements. Upload unlimited photos (bulk uploader)
Suggested Categories:
Car Show Reviews
Highways & Biways
Projects & Builds
Tech & How-To
Your Garage
Young Readers Rides
General Articles
Asphalt Candy
Hot News

• Upload, crop and manage multiple profile avatars and select active avatar.
No Idea...

Blogs
• Personal blogs with individual categories, rich-text posting, photos and social features.
If this is for Members, make it a Upgraded (paid) service.
Suggested Categories:
Car Show Reviews
Highways & Biways
Projects & Builds
Tech & How-To
Your Garage
Young Readers Rides
General Articles
Asphalt Candy
Hot News

Chat
• Multi-user video chat with concurrent video streaming, custom rooms and rich formatting.
No Idea...

Custom RSS
• Let site members add their own custom RSS feeds to their profiles via specialized profile block.
No Idea...

Desktop
• Adobe AIR cross-platform desktop app for off-browser communication and notifications.
No Idea...

Events
• Create and manage events, with dates, attendants, photos, updates and forums connectivity.
    Should work and have this info and content including clickable map. http://cruisinstyle.com/index.php?page=events

Facebook Connect
• Join and login using Facebook accounts, find and match Facebook friends with site members.
GOOD. Members should also be able to click on a Facebook logo to “link” or “like” to their facebook account in any of these categories.
Car Show Reviews
Highways & Biways
Projects & Builds
Tech & How-To
Your Garage
Young Readers Rides
General Articles
Asphalt Candy
Hot News
Events

Feedback
• Collect, select and approve feedback messages from site members and publish it on the site.
Good

Files
• Upload, share, manage and publish various files, documents and media for download.
Is this for admin or members?

Forums
• Advanced discussion forums with categories, rating, moderation, auto-splitting and rich-formatting. Example here http://cruisinstyle.com/index.php?page=forum
Suggested Topics:
General Discussions
Drop in here to discuss whatever you want and anything that does not fit anywhere else.
Letters to the Editor
Have something you’d like to share with our readers?
D.J.’s
D.J’s for hire, Best DJ’s   
Nostalgia Drags
NHRA, IHRA, Nostalgia Drags etc.
AC Cobra Groups
Original or Kit car?
Buick Groups
Century, LeSabre, Park Avenue, Regal, Riviera, Roadmaster, Skyhawk, Skylar etc.
Cadillac Groups
Brougham, DeVille, Eldorado, Fleetwood, Seville, Sixty Special etc.
Chevy Groups
BelAir, Brookwood, Camaro, Caprice, Chevelle, Corvair, Corvette, El Camino, Impala, Malibu, Nomad, Nova
Car Shows
Local And Nationaleents
Chrysler Groups
300, Fifth Ave, Imperial, New Yorker, PT Cruiser, Sebring, Town & Country etc.
Corvette Groups
Stingray, Mako Shark etc.   
DeLorean Groups
Own one?
DeSoto Groups
Own one?
Dodge Groups
Charger, Colt, Daytona, Diplomat, Monaco, Neon, Viper etc.
Edsel Groups
Gotta Love them.
Ferrari Groups
Well it sure goes fast...
Ford Groups
Club Wagon, Country Squire, Crown Victoria, Econoline, LTD, Mustang, Thunderbird etc.
Hudson Groups
Own one?
Jeep Groups
Cherokee, Wagoneer, Wrangler etc.
Lamborghini Groups
Own One?
Lincoln Groups
Continental, Mark LT, Town Car etc.
Mercury Groups
Capri, Cougar, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Marquis, Monterey etc.
Nash Groups
Own One?
Oldsmobile Groups
88, 98, Cutlass, Delta 88, Regency, Toronado etc.
Packard Groups
Own One?
Plymouth Groups
Colt, Gran Fury, Grand Voyager, Prowler, Reliant etc.
Pontiac Groups
Bonneville, Catalina, Chieftain, Firebird, Grand Am, Grand Prix, GTO, LeMans, Parisienne, Safari, Star Chief, Tempest etc.
Studebaker Groups
Own One ?
Tucker Groups
Own One?
Volkswagen Groups
Fox, Golf, Thing etc.
Willys Groups
Own One?
Car Audio
Car Stereo & Repair Advice
Car Care Tips
Detailing, Car Care Tips
Cars In General
Likes & Dislikes
Car Movies
Best Car Chases ever!, Best Car Movies of all times.
Diecast Cars
Models
Engine talk
High Performance engine mods
Kit Car Groups
Own One? Best one to build?
Project Cars
Project Cars
Maintenance & Repair
Ask A Mechanic, A/C, Auto Repair, Automotive Wiring and Electrical, Body Work, Brakes, Car and Engine Noises, Car Troubleshooting, Carburetion, Chassis and Suspension, Cooling, Engine Troubleshooting, Maintenance & Repair, Motor Oil, Oil Additives, Rears, Tire, Wheels, Transmission, Tricks of the Trade

Google Search
• Site-search, indexing and searching site content using Google backend and algo.
GOOD.

Groups
• Create and manage groups, with admins, members, forums, social features, photos and other media.
This should be used for Car Clubs and titled as so.

Memberships
• Advertise and sell paid membership levels to your site members.
“Free” members can access certain areas of site and upload events, articles. Upgraded Membership - Full access to site and CSM Digital Edition.
Messenger
Flash-based Instant Video Messenger for one-to-one communication with rich text chat.
No Idea...

News
• Publish site news, announcements and alerts with custom publishing date and extended browsing.
Have to discuss ideas.

Page Access Control
• Setup content, navigation and blocks visibility settings for different membership levels.
GOOD

Payments
• Connect your payment gateways to collect payments supported by different modules.
Good

Photos
• Upload, browse and share photos. Albums, multiple upload, categories, privacy controls, and more.
Is this for Admin or Members (paid)

Polls
• Create Poll questions and display community replies with visualised graphs.
Is this for Admin or Members

Profile Customiser
• Personalisation of member profiles - custom backgrounds, fonts and UI elements.
• Create Poll questions and display community replies with visualised graphs.
Is this for Admin or Members.

Profiler
• Display loading timings for developers. Inlcudes pages, page blocks, SQL queries and many more.
No Idea.

Quotes
• Display a special block with random quotes predefined by site admin.
No Idea

Shoutbox
• Let them shout! Chat-like message box where anyone can post a quick line.
No Idea

Simple Messenger
• Basic text messenger for quick communication. Displayed in member menu and always handy.
No Idea

Sites
• Publish website profiles with descriptions and autogenerated site previews.
Is this for Admin or Members

SMTP Mailer
• Use any external SMTP server or service to handle Dolphin site email notifications.
For Admin emails or members sending thru CSM

Sounds
• Upload and share sound files. With categories and social sharing features.
Don’t see the need for this.

Spy
• Notification system integrated with other modules and displaying current activity updates to members.
No Idea.

Store
• Upload and sell products, let site members sell, receive payments and connect with buyers.
For CSM products and Members?
Also have an idea to contact affiliate sites that sell parts and integrate their sites into here so I get a commission on sales.

Timeline & Outline
• Aggregated content and updates browsers in profiles, accounts and site homepage.
No Idea

Videos
• Upload, record and share videos. Built-in converter, social features, categories and privacy controls.
Good.

Whiteboard
• Flash-based social doodling with concurrent multi-user drawing support.
No Idea

World Map
• Browse site members and published content on the world map, with grouping and zooming.
No Idea

ZIP Code Search
• Automatic postal-code search support using GeoNames or Google.
No Idea

RonV - webmaster @ cruisinstyle.com
Quote · 28 Dec 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.