Installation problems, please help!

Evening all,

After much searching Google for a decent community script I found Dolphin to be the best. Now, I have a big problem .... I have tried and tried ... and searched and searched but can't seem to find the answer.

I installed Dolphin in a sub directory (to test first) installation goes through without any problems, however after I get rid of the Install directory I get the error :

Error
Database connect failed
Now, I have done the basic trouble shooting and checked to see if the DB username etc is correct. That's all fine.
I left the port and socks empty, however I have never needed to enter this before.
I've checked the header.inc file and that seems ok.
What do I do ? I'm lost for answers now and really want to install this script.
TIA.
Ahmet.
Quote · 5 Dec 2008

You have checked via your mysql/phpMyadmin that the install has created your database fields and tables in your database name?

If this has failed try ftp the install folder again and re-run the install script.

Also briefly compare your Dolphin folders/files on your harddrive with your uploaded Dolphin files on your server via FTP check for missing folders or files.

Also  double check dolphins system requirements with your server specs.

You can always delete and try a fresh install

Quote · 7 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.