Integrating E-commerce scripts

Does anybody have a idea about how we can integrate third party scripts like a ecommerce shop or phpbb .

I think the functionality of Store in Dolphin is of no use what i feel so we are trying to integrate some open source ecommerce shop.

Can anybody give us a thought on how to do SEAMLESS INTEGRATION INTO THE SCRIPT.

i remember i had seen once a bridge like some mod but i am not able to find it now in the market.

the greats of Unity can help i feel with this in what ever way they can ...

Claudia

Quote · 8 Jan 2011

Does anybody have a idea about how we can integrate third party scripts like a ecommerce shop or phpbb .

I think the functionality of Store in Dolphin is of no use what i feel so we are trying to integrate some open source ecommerce shop.

Can anybody give us a thought on how to do SEAMLESS INTEGRATION INTO THE SCRIPT.

i remember i had seen once a bridge like some mod but i am not able to find it now in the market.

the greats of Unity can help i feel with this in what ever way they can ...

Claudia

Does anybody have a ny clue or idea how to do this please....this is a little important for us.

Any help would be appreciated.

Claudia

Quote · 10 Jan 2011

Here is an integration of phpbb3 - http://www.boonex.com/unity/extensions/entry/phpBB3_integration

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 11 Jan 2011

Thank you Sasha

I will have a look into it.

But more specifically i want a e-commerce script to be integrated.  Do you have any pointings to this.

Claudia

Quote · 11 Jan 2011

Thank you Sasha

I will have a look into it.

But more specifically i want a e-commerce script to be integrated.  Do you have any pointings to this.

Claudia

Hello can you explain what part of script do you want  that will be integrated?

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 12 Jan 2011

I want to replace the complete shop module with another ecommerce script .

and if possible the forum module with yours...  but i would like to know the benefits i will have by replacing the forum module

Claudia

Quote · 12 Jan 2011

I want to replace the complete shop module with another ecommerce script .

and if possible the forum module with yours...  but i would like to know the benefits i will have by replacing the forum module

Claudia

Ok give as some an examples of scripts that you need. And we will think about integration.

PS. Maybe you'll merge your latest posts about integration?

Quote · 13 Jan 2011

Like for example the most popular of them all   Osc ,zencart or prestashop or creloaded.

Claudia

Quote · 13 Jan 2011

any updates on this

Claudia

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

I'm interested in this also (and so are several other people since quite a few wishes for commerce integration pop up).

I'd like to see any of the following open source ecommerce software packages integrate w/ Dolphin:

• CubeCart
  • Magento
  • OpenCart
  • osCommerce
  • phpCoin
  • PrestaShop
  • TomatoCart
  • Zen Cart
  • Zeus Cart

Or even a paid hosted alternative that claims to be built for easy integration like FoxyCart.

I can't find anything around that seems to do this at all. If any developers out there want to take this on, I think it could be quite profitable! Especially if you integrated it so that all site payments (i.e. the Store Module, Membership Module, and any other parts of a site that are built to take payments) were worked into the integration so that from the user's perspective on the front side, it was a seamless process of add-item-to-cart, checkout, pay, return to site.

I'd definitely pay for this mod.

Quote · 12 Mar 2011

So would I, any developers willing to take this on?

Quote · 24 Apr 2011

Am looking for same thing.

HAve used CRE loaded before, very good all round shop script.

Dophin store is great for buying files, videos files etc... but not great for physical products.

Need a proper integration, main thing would be membership as CRE loaded is member account based, and also notification to admin or product owner for when a product sells and info etc...

Quote · 26 Feb 2012

Interesting post.  Let me know too :D

Quote · 26 Feb 2012

I am running both zen-cart and dolphin, also need to integrate it, anyone can help? what's the price?

thanks

Quote · 12 May 2012

Still even after a year  no updates or mods to do this....Cry

Claudia

Quote · 6 Jan 2013

The first step is to properly outline what you want to accomplish with the integration and to do it in details.  Just saying integrate Dolphin with FancyCart is not enough.  Dolphin is a Social Networking framework.  Zen Cart is an online shop framework.  The two were designed for different applications so you need to be very specific in what you wish to accomplish.  Use as many pages as needed.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Jan 2013

AS an e-commerce guru, I have worked on a LOT of platforms. Dolphin integration would have to be strictly held to the integration of the user tables in dolphin to the user tables in a product like PrestaShop or ZenCart. I like these two products because they are very flexible with a VERY wide system of products with many attributes.

The main challenge s to have the ZenCart user login integrated with the login page of Dolphin. When you log into one, you have active sessions in both. Additionally, the user information for the login/join/profile page has to sync with the fields within the ZenCart. Mapping can be difficult , but it should be setup in a one-way replication push from Dolphin to Zen. This could be handled with a cron job.

As far as look and feel, I highly doubt that the CSS and editing templates would be worth the expense.

My suggestion is to just simply setup a subdomain called SHOP and install and maintain an instance of your e-commerce choice separate. The reason that I would suggest is because Dolphin in not being maintained and is not hardened for e-commerce security. User information and transaction information is constantly tested and secured to keep favor with Merchant Services.

Even Monkeys and Retards get it right with repitition! - Author Unknown
Quote · 9 Apr 2019

I struggled with this problem some time back. I wanted to incorporate a third party forum with Elgg but had little success.

As mentioned, Zen Cart and Dolphin aren't similar scripts and they don't even look the same. Possibly the simplest way to go about this is to have a link in the menu so that when someone clicks the Store button, ZenCart appears. That in inself is very simple:

Just enter yourstorename.com in the URL section of the menu in Menu Builder and make sure you click the NEW in Target window.

The problem is, your members will have to enter their user name and password again. That's annoying and not very professional. 

@richmanfl's suggestion is a good one, but maybe a 3rd party developer such as AntonLV or Geek_Girl can write a bit of code for you to add to the menu link that automatically transfers both those items over to Zen Cart when it's opened.

I think ZenCart is brilliant. I used it for years as a catalogue script with 2,500 entries and it never faltered.

Good luck and can you please share your success if any?

Quote · 10 Apr 2019

There was a module in the market that allowed you to easily change the authentication method used for Dolphin in case you needed it for another script.  Sessions are usually handled by cookies so basically you have to set the necessary sessions cookie for the second platform when the member signs into Dolphin.  Run the e-commerce script inside of Dolphin using an iframe.  When the member joins Dolphin, you have to have it so they join the e-commerce site as well; populating the e-commerce database with the needed information.  It will require some custom code work.

The simplest way is to just run the e-commerce in an i-frame and any member that wishes to use the shop could sign up in the e-commerce platform but there would be no integration with Dolphin.  It is not as slick though.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 10 Apr 2019

OK, I will first admit that I did not read all of the responses, and hope I am not duplicating what someone else said.

So, just to give some background - I have taken info from one dolphin site and displayed it within a different dolphin site - without any added modules or tools. I t really wasn't that hard.

Having said that, I too want to use a different E-Commerce platform - such as Opencart - within a Dolphin site. Using the same idea and coding as I have already used, it should be doable fairly easy.

This is what I plan to do. First, install the opencart like normal and add products through the admin section of opencart. Then, create a new module within dolphin - such as a duplication of groups module - but instead of pulling in the info from the normal tables, pull the info in from the opencart tables.

Since all of the tables are already created, all the work is on the dolphin site - the new module - and i can place whatever I want wherever I want. This keeps the "Store" consistent with your site look. Adding paypal buttons is fairly simple, and paypal will even handle the payment and invoices. Hell, I could really create a whole simple backend within the dolphin site.

There are probably a bunch of things I may have missed, but thats the gist of it. Pulling data between tables is easy, and thats all that really being done.

caredesign.net
Quote · 12 Apr 2019

I think the most universal way would be to create custom social login module for ZenCart, OpenCart, etc which will connect to Dolphin oAuth2 server, so users will be able to login with theirs login credentials, the same way as login is made in Rocket.Chat for Dolphin.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 13 Apr 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.