Is Dolphin the best networking site?

hello,
I am new to dolphin or any of the networking site,but I am building one now,I am confused beacuse when I download dolphin 6.1,is't there are blocks thay can have RSS / hmlt form in the admin panel?,we can build as many as we want on our home page,right?
Do we need a my space layout to make us look better?
or a home cospomser / page builder?
where can I get temelpte to make my member happy ?
If I wanted to build a video/music /blogs from actors in my country, is Dolphin the best product?
Is dolphin readlly my choose?

I have looked around and find video chip / video share / alstrasoft..don't know what to buy,which is good? I am very confused,I like dolphin clean design and people here seem nice..can any one help?
please advice!!
regards
siana

Quote · 23 Apr 2009

As for me, Elgg is one of the best in social network development. We have experience in work with Elgg. And during the recent time we are working on development of social network for medical workers on Elgg framework.
Description of this social network you can find at http://www.web100.com.ua/eng/expertise/social-networks/index.html

Quote · 27 May 2009

As for me, Elgg is one of the best in social network development. We have experience in work with Elgg. And during the recent time we are working on development of social network for medical workers on Elgg framework.
Description of this social network you can find at http://www.web100.com.ua/eng/expertise/social-networks/index.html

With D7 being out into the world there is a great future ahead of us all and I would not trade Dolphin for anything else.

We are a Unity and growing stronger by the day.

Dolphin is surely on its way to become the best networking site and I'm proud to be a part of it!

reagrds, Diddy

Diddy is not greedy and has time. Dolphin is cool and its not just mine :-)
Quote · 27 May 2009

With one post i really don't think you have got a chance to expirence Dolphin for yourself, correct me if I'm wrong. Elgg is missing features which Dolphin offers, I also looked at Elgg, but after comparing the two, I chose Dolphin by far..Elgg is nothing more then a Blog script with some added social features... Not to mention the development that Boonex is working on for the near future which include many apps others are lacking and are not even thinking about...Cool

Quote · 27 May 2009

Having built sites with Dolphin and Elgg, I would have to say that Dolphin offers a more complete package, and as with other CMS / Social Networking software you dont need to rely on contibutors add-ins to build your site.

Just stuck between the rock and a hard place at the moment of whether to use V6 with a new site, or wait for V7?

Quote · 27 May 2009

Just stuck between the rock and a hard place at the moment of whether to use V6 with a new site, or wait for V7?

I've been in that position for 6 months waiting for D7.  If there was anything close to what D7 will be, I'd already be using it.  For new sites, waiting for D7 is the best choice..... in my opinion.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 27 May 2009

I've been in that position for 6 months waiting for D7.  If there was anything close to what D7 will be, I'd alrady be using it.  For new sites, waiting for D7 is the best choice..... in my opinion.

we getting closer each day and this is my option as well  :-)

Diddy is not greedy and has time. Dolphin is cool and its not just mine :-)
Quote · 27 May 2009

I've been in that position for 6 months waiting for D7.  If there was anything close to what D7 will be, I'd already be using it.  For new sites, waiting for D7 is the best choice..... in my opinion.

In retrospect, I should have told the guy to just bang his head on a wall for 4 years.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Feb 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.