Left & Right column issues (ads or banners)

Hi,

When I place anything in the left or right columns it overlaps the rest of my site. This doesn't happen on all comptuers, for example at home it's fine, then on another computer, this will happen.

You can take a look at the issue yourself here: www.iBakwaas.com/Dolphin

It's rather odd, and a bit of a eyesore.

-Q

Quote · 5 Sep 2008

If you did set your banner to right it will really go right as what Ive seen in your site, Im not clear on what you really want to happen, "by computers" do you mean browser? where do you want your banner be placed? "not happening on all computers " do you mean on other computers it doesnt appear? or it is placed somewhere not in the right? kindly be more specific. by the way I registered when I visited your site.

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

It's probably showing up fine for you, it did for me too. Until people started complaining, and then I saw it as well on another computer.

Here is a screen shot of the issue:

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shotte3.jpg

Notice the upper right hand side of the screen.

-Q

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

This is a difficult one. It is to do with the page width of your site.

Different screen resoultions can determine how the browser shows your site. This is why you did not notice it but your members (some) did.

Dolphin does not seem to lock the side banners to the width you set in admin.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 7 Sep 2008

Well that sucks.

So there's no resolution to this?

This is a major problem for Google ads. Forget that small banner, I need to put Google Ads to finance the site. If I can't put those in, b/c of this issue...I'm better off just not buying it at all. (I'm still in the demo version, was going to buy license before launching)

Quote · 7 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.