License Query

Hi admin,

I just want to make clear regarding the license available for download of Dolphin 6.1 on the download page. My concern is which one to properly download and install to avoid installing it twice, are both Dolphin just the same source codes? I really don't mind the adds on the Ray and Orca. My concern is the advertisements. As says below:

1) Dolphin 6.1 + Free Ray 3.5 + Orca 2.0 (10 Mb)

2) Dolphin 6.1 + Ad-Free Ray 3.5 + Orca 2.0 (10 Mb)

I just downloaded the first one. I already installed this on my site but my concern is the advertisements. The advertisements on the Ray and Orca is no problem but the main page in dolphin bottom page.

If I buy the license considering I already installed the free. Do I need to re-download the second (Ad-Free) item and re-install again from scratch?

Is the Dolphin both has add? Is the Dolphin on the two items same source codes? And only addvertisment code differences?

What happens if I already have free dolphin installed and working then purchased the license for Dolphin, how and can I remove the adds?

If the the two items above can be explained in detail with regards to license will be much better so I can move in with my new site. Thanks

majesty

Quote · 17 Jun 2008

The term "free" and "ad-free" refer to the ray "widgets".. both versions of Dolphin are exactly the same. Once you put the Dolphin license in either version the links will go away.

Mike

http://www.makeasocialnetwork.com

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 17 Jun 2008

Hi Mike,

Perfectly said, I think I got the answer to it. It just that the download page is pretty confusing for people who are new to this site.

So if that's the case, I will plan to purchase the license and then key it it and remove the links. Actually the links for widgets is fine, actually it does look professional and widely know :). I'm more interested it removing th links below.

I saw some forum on how to remove it and it look usefull when the time I buy the license.

Just curios,

What if up to now I haven't key in the free license? I read that the free license for the Dolphin is for the developers/company to check out things on my site, is that correct? So what if I haven't key it in? Is that the only purpose of it?

p.s. By the way, your site is awsome

Cheers,

Majesty

Quote · 17 Jun 2008

Another thing I forgot to make clear is that base from your answer above - the free and ad-free refer to the ray only and doesn't affect the dolphin. Then how does the free and ad-free works with the ray in which in line with the downloaded resources? How does that work after the installing it free or ad-free. Does the ad-free by default after installation doesn't have advertisements? or that depends after keying in the license for ray widgets? or just both has advertisement for ray for free and ad-free? thanks

majesty

Quote · 17 Jun 2008

No. If you use free version there will be banner on all pages. with dolphin, ray and orca

----
Quote · 17 Jun 2008

is if I install free-ad there will be no banner on the source code?

Quote · 19 Jun 2008

ano one thing... if i have the site running now with free and in the future I plan to remove the ad, should i just pay for the license and all adds will be remove? rey, orca and botoom adds? thanks

cheers.

Quote · 19 Jun 2008

If you install ad-free banner will be there and when you install license it will go off.

----
Quote · 21 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.