Looking for feedback on new Full Width Column/Rows

Yo people,

I upgraded the modification "full width column" now it can do FWC between other "non" full width column. Like it was sandwich before, now its a kind of burger.

You can do something crazy and stupid like this.

or something sensible

Test it out at http://fwc.prashank.xyz/
Login: admin/admin 

Looking for feedback/suggestion/question. I will probably submit a PR for this if it works out okay.

Peace!

NewFWC.png · 257.6K · 834 views
FWC2.png · 153.9K · 716 views
FWC3.png · 1.8M · 726 views
so much to do....
Quote · 30 Dec 2015

Thanks for working on this mod.  I don't know why Boonex could not have added it to Dolphin instead of that full width block thing they thought was so great.

Will test when I have time.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Dec 2015

I did a quick test and added two full columns to the account page, one at top, one at bottom and it worked well.

Quote · 30 Dec 2015

This looks interesting, where  could I possibly do this mod?

Quote · 30 Dec 2015

looks good, ive been waiting for this. thank you very much prank Laughing

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Quote · 30 Dec 2015

I did a quick test and added two full columns to the account page, one at top, one at bottom and it worked well.

you can add more columns below the full width column too, thats the new thingy ;)

This looks interesting, where could I possibly do this mod? 

i will try submitting a PR to boonex so it gets included in default dolphin package.

looks good, ive been waiting for this. thank you very much prank

this is not a prank :p

so much to do....
Quote · 30 Dec 2015

I played some more.  I noticed that you can not have two columns under each other when you pull a column out on its own; they will slide back into one of the full widths.

Really neat tool though.

Quote · 31 Dec 2015

I played some more.  I noticed that you can not have two columns under each other when you pull a column out on its own; they will slide back into one of the full widths.

Really neat tool though.

if you mean 2 "non" fwc up-below one another than yes, thats not allowed because its not needed. You can just add your block in that one column and its the same thing. Does it make sense or i give an example?

Also, any bugs or something before i create a PR?

so much to do....
Quote · 31 Dec 2015

I did not notice any bugs when I was playing with it; no error messages or anything like that.  I did not do an exhaustive test trying to find anything.  Need a few other people to play and use different browsers etc.  However, as Boonex found out, getting people to test is not that easy.

Quote · 31 Dec 2015

I was playing on the profile page and sort of messed things up and had a bit of difficulty in getting things back.  One of the aspects of the page builders is that any changes are applied in real time.  Which means if you screw up a page you could be stuck; which is why I always play on a test site before putting changes to the live site.

However, this got me to thinking that maybe some changes to the builders' live mode.  Not that you would work on this but it just came to mind as I was trying to fix the mess.  Maybe a "Take Snapshot" of the current page layout that is stored temporary so that if one really screws up, they can revert back.  Or maybe turn off live mode of the builders if possible.

Anyway, no issues found on my end using the FireFox browser.

Quote · 31 Dec 2015

cool, thanks for testing it and happy new year :)

so much to do....
Quote · 1 Jan 2016

PR submitted at https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/pull/230

so much to do....
Quote · 1 Jan 2016

I've seen something similar by Hypernova when I was looking for template which you can see at: http://tinyurl.com/psaf7d3 
Other than the top Menu which made me so dizzy with so many buttons as if I am playing games with my 10yr old son, but the template's body is awesome !   To have the freedom to use the combination of "full width column" and "Blocks" as well as using different colors for different Blocks section is really great which can make your site somewhat unique from other Dolphin sites.
  But, I am afraid this might put some graphic designers out of business Surprised

Quote · 3 Jan 2016

I also agree with Geek_Girl about the changes we make in Admin that get saved w/o previewing the changes before they get saved - it would be great not just for this new feature, but for any changes we make in Admin home page to be able to preview it before it's committed or if we can have button that says "rollback the changes.."  Why spend more time in creating another test site for minor changes..  Thx.

Quote · 3 Jan 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.