Lots of Issues

I should start by saying that I'm a complete newb at this website designing thing. I've purchased everything I need and have pretty much put together my site the way I want it, but I still have issues I can't seem to find solutions to. So . . . here it goes:

1.) How do I change the back ground color on my home page. I've read that you do it through the CSS Admin, but I can't figure it out. I want the back ground color to be black.

I've also read that you can do it through the dolphin files on your computer . . . but I never downloaded Dolphin to my computer. My hosting company installed it for me, and all of the files I can find through my FTP Client are minimal and not very helpful. Which leads me to the question, could I obtain the said needed files by doing a back up download to my computer?

2.) How do I change the FAQ section, Terms, and Privacy sections? I can't seem to figure out how to access them.

3.) And finally how do I change "Copyright © 2008 Your Company" to say my website name? I can't seem to find any information on this either.

Any help on these topics would be appreciated.

Quote · 25 Dec 2008

1: background color edit file [general.css] in

/templates/tmpl_uni/css /

2: to edit your FAQ go to

admin panel settings/Languages Settings/ in the box "Search for strings" type in faq

edit key sting

• _FAQ_INFO

<div class="faq_cont"> <div cla... Page texts English

3: repeat that same for your Copyright ©

Tongue out

Quote · 25 Dec 2008

Thanks.

I've unfortunately found other issues though. :(

1.) How do I make CSS general writeable?

2.)How do I remove My Presence from my website? I was able to remove everything else I didn't want except for that. It still shows up on the top right side when a member logs into their account, and I don't currently have it registered.

3.)How do I link my e-mail address to the Contact Us page? I've tried it several times and the e-mails sent from the Contact Us page seem to disappear to no where.

4.) I bought a SSL Certificate for my site . . . but for some reason, when I try to log on, I get the message "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?" Why am I getting this message and how do I get rid of it?

Any input would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Quote · 26 Dec 2008

question 1:

/templates/tmpl_uni/css   [general.css] chmod to 777

question 2:

/templates/tmpl_uni/scripts [functions.php] around line 186

<span><a href="javascript:void(0);"
      onclick="window.open( '<?= $site['url'] ?>presence_pop.php' , 'Presence', 'width=224,height=600,toolbar=0,directories=0,menubar=0,status=0,location=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1');"
      ><?= _t('_RayPresence') ?></a></span>

question 3:

/inc/header.inc [around line 50]

$site['email']             = "your@email.com;
      $site['email_notify']      = "your@mail.com";
      $site['bugReportMail']     = "your@mail.com";

question 4:

SSL [huh i don't know] hehehe Tongue out

Quote · 26 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
      The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.