Market Search

The Market search function needs work, I tried to find a module that I knew existed and the search kept returning zero results.  I used an external search engine and found the module and it had as the title the exact term that I was searching on in the Market search.  

Also, when you conduct a search and want to conduct a new search, you have to go back to the market page, you can not conduct a new search from the search results page.

And the icons in the market are too large!

A good search engine for the Market is important; returning zero results when the module existed and had the title of the search term is not a good thing.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Sep 2015

The Google search actually allows you to toggle between parts of the site now, including the market. I've been using that. I agree, the market search is a bit unreliable.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 23 Sep 2015

Yes, we'll be removing our custom search completely and will rely on Google search only. Now you can select results from Market/Blogs/Forum and Docs, so it should cover it all. And Google seems to to know a thing or two about showing relevant results. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 23 Sep 2015

Yes, we'll be removing our custom search completely and will rely on Google search only. Now you can select results from Market/Blogs/Forum and Docs, so it should cover it all. And Google seems to to know a thing or two about showing relevant results. 

It might still need a bit of work then, I tried the suggestion and selected market only and it still displayed forum listings, if I say show only Market then it should only show market, not market and forums.  Plus, it would be nice to have the exclusion from the start, not do a general search and then have all the listings and then have to click on Market.  Good search results tied only to the market is important from a vendor standpoint.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Sep 2015

Yes, it's now implemented via standard google search tools, but we've scheduled to customise it properly using their APIs next month, after 7.2.1. 

For some reason it does sometimes mix results, while other time separating them properly. Anyway, we'll be on it soon. For now all focus is on Dolphin. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 23 Sep 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.