Member Development

I want to create a members based site where there's a standard member and a Payed member.
Payed members can EMAIL and contact unpaid members and the unpaid member can READ the message but they cannot reply to the message unless they're a paid member.
Unpaid Members will be able to have options to do various things.. however they cannot EMAIL members unless they're paid.. Know how to implement this or write the code for it?

Is there anyone proficient in PHP than can possibly give me a quote on writing this code. I would appreciate it.

Thanks

InterracialConnection.net

Quote · 20 Apr 2010

Why not just change the settings under membership levels in admin so your standard members no longer have access to mail but your paid members still have access?  Won't that do the trick?

-Brian

Quote · 20 Apr 2010

That wouldn't work. Because I still want the unpaid members to receive the mail.. They just won't be able to reply to the message unless they subscribe ..

thanks for the input now.

Quote · 20 Apr 2010

Get the mod Page Access Control from AntonLV.  The mod will allow you to restrict access to pages and functions based on membership type.  We use it to restrict standard users from being able to send mail, they can read it but cna't send.  Paid users can send and receive.

Quote · 20 Apr 2010

Hey.. thanks Maurice.. I really appreciate it.. I'll definitely do that :)

Quote · 20 Apr 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.