Members CAN'T become affiliate

I activated the AFFILIATE function

So now it has a link to signup for affiliate program

when a member clicks on the link, he is taken to the SAME signup page as non-members

and in admin such members is listed as affiliate, but not under "members who are affiliate" list

in the profile I do no set a link for a member to click and become an affiliate

so how can a member signup for an affiliate account in a such a way as to show up in the list of MEMBERS WHO ARE ALSO AFFILIATES?

Pease

Thank

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

I am having the same problem... registered members can't become affiliates?  Also, when I have the "Invitation Only" option checked and send an "Invite" (tell-a-friend.php) - my userid is attached to the URL of the link.

However, when you click on the link you are brought to the mainpage... and you register (join) like anyone else.  How do I get credit for the registration?

I ask this because there is nothing in the address bar with my userid attached once I hit the mainpage or the join page?

So when a person registers I do not get any credit for the registration.

Can anyone help me with this - get it working?

Thanks!

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

Example,

yes, before you must enable this feature,

after.

For example you are member with ID=5

so, your affiliate link will

http://dolphin_url/?idAff=5

and anybody who will open this link and joined to site will become your affiliat.

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

Just exactly what is an affiliate (it seems to be different to what I thought).

Stuart

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 23 Sep 2008

First of, thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

But HOW do you get it to list under the Affiliate screen under "Members who are Affiliates" ??

Also...

Will there be a breakdown list that will generate a report of how much to pay to affiliates??

By bottle of aspirin is running empty, I really need to know this -- lol

THanks

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

oh no.....

I tested it again -- looks like as people signup for an affiliate account, each is given an ID which is DIFFERENT from a membership ID

So I can have a member name John with member ID #3, and also have another person named Luke with Affiliate ID #3

oh no, more aspirins

please help

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

Seems you can look in admin .. affiliat section

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

Seems you can look in admin .. affiliat section

Yes, thats what I did -- and there is no instructions or links to make a member an affiliate

members and nonmenbers use the SAME signup form to become an affiliate

Affiliate member ID seems to be independent of membership ID

both are incremental, but notrelated in any way

help anyone?

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

>Affiliate member ID seems to be independent of membership ID

not membership ID -> you must use Member ID

Affiliate members must join using join_aff.php

after they found its aff link

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

Example,

yes, before you must enable this feature,

after.

For example you are member with ID=5

so, your affiliate link will

http://dolphin_url/?idAff=5

and anybody who will open this link and joined to site will become your affiliat.

The URL I am getting when using the "invite" (tell-a-friend.php) is:  http://dolphin_url/?idFriend=4 (not idAff)

I don't want my users to earn money through the affiliate only an increase in membership level for their referrals.

I also don't know how my currently registered members can become affiliates?  Do they have to register as an affiliate by clicking on the affiliate link?  Or are they auto affiliates because they are already registered at the site as a member?

Very confusing!

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

idFriend is mean, that after registration new member automatically become friend for another guy

- so friend, not affiliate

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

idFriend is mean, that after registration new member automatically become friend for another guy

- so friend, not affiliate

Ok... so where I am now, the affiliate function doesn't work at all.

I enable "Invitation Only" and "Affiliate Support".

I click on the "Invite a Friend" link at the top of the page... an email is sent to my friend containing my link - http://dolphin_url/?idFriend=4

My friend receives the email clicks on the link and is brought to the mainpage of the site (nothing identifies me once at the mainpage as the person who referred them).

(BTW - in Firefox anyone is permitted to join whether the site has "Invitation Only" enabled or not.  Only in IE are non-members given the message that registration is by "Invitation Only").

My friend clicks on "Join Now".... registers.  They are now a standard member and I DID NOT receive credit at all for referring them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I want is for standard members to be able to refer their friends through the "Invite a Friend", an email is sent to their friend with a link to the site that Identifies them and gives them credit once the friend has registered at the site.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Quote · 23 Sep 2008

"Invitation Only" mean that your friends will receive such links, And will no way register just by line dolphin_url/join.php

- only be invites. Plus, this setting not mean that you will affiliate. And your guys will affiliates for you. No :)

You don`t understand again, -> to become Affiliate - you should register by Affiliate link : join_aff.php

And you will get your Affiliate link, and you will able to invite members as your affiliates.

Settings - "Affiliate Support" enable this possibility

Quote · 24 Sep 2008

So you are saying that already "registered" members of my site must register to become an affiliate?  That my already registered members cannot "engage" their friends in order to gain a new membership level?  That doesn't make any sense at all.

If that is true, then what is the "Members as Affiliates" section under the Affiliates Link for?

The affiliate function doesn't make sense at all?

I simply want "registered" members at my site to be able to earn membership levels (not money) through their referrals (invites).  It looks like this function on the site was a "pipe dream".  It's there... but it doesn't REALLY work?

Quote · 24 Sep 2008

VERY simple questions

HOW can I get already members listed under "Members as Affiliates" ???

AND..........

How can a member RETRIEVE his affiliate link code ??

Thanks

so sorry, but so far nothing makes sense in this thread -- please clarify -- please

Quote · 24 Sep 2008

Any affiliate must be registered by join_aff.php page, and use

dolphin_url/aff/

login page

Quote · 25 Sep 2008

Any affiliate must be registered by join_aff.php page, and use

dolphin_url/aff/

login page

Site is on "Invitation Only".

OK... I tried the above from Andrey.  Still doesn't work.  I registered as an affiliate through the join_aff.php page.  I received my affiliate link.  I put the link in an email... sent it to another friend.

Friend clicks on the link... taken to the mainpage of the site... looks like the same page as when the site has "Invitation Only" disabled.  Friend clicks on "join" - and registers.

I did not receive any credit for that referral? (Does it only work if that person becomes a "paying" member?)

I personally don't think it works at all at this point.

Quote · 25 Sep 2008

Registration by Invitation Only mean that only members can invite by its friends link another guys by 'Invite a friend' link.

Not referals. This is not linked with each other.

You should disable this 'Registration by Invitation Only' if you want be able to registered as affiliat.

So, - enable this 'Enable affiliate support',

after register New Affiliate member by join_aff.php

after if somebody will registered by his aff link (idAff=XX), - Affiliate member will got points from referal.

Friends and affiliates is different things.

Quote · 26 Sep 2008

Registration by Invitation Only mean that only members can invite by its friends link another guys by 'Invite a friend' link.

Not referals. This is not linked with each other.

You should disable this 'Registration by Invitation Only' if you want be able to registered as affiliat.

So, - enable this 'Enable affiliate support',

after register New Affiliate member by join_aff.php

after if somebody will registered by his aff link (idAff=XX), - Affiliate member will got points from referal.

Friends and affiliates is different things.

OK... I tried again using your recommendations contained in this post.  Same result.

No points, nothing after a friend registers using my aff link.  It simply does NOT work.

Quote · 26 Sep 2008

So, after enabling Aff settings in admin, registering new affiliate by join_aff.php page, and registering all new members by his link (via idAff=XX) you don`t get any points ? right?

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

So, after enabling Aff settings in admin, registering new affiliate by join_aff.php page, and registering all new members by his link (via idAff=XX) you don`t get any points ? right?

That is correct!

Quote · 1 Oct 2008

So, as experiment, I decide to test this too,

1. Login in admin, goto Settings ->  Advanced Settings -> 'Enable affiliate support' - set On (checked)

click save settings, logout from admin

2. follow link join_aff.php, was registered as aff (Name - Andrey), all my registered info appear in Table: aff

after registration as Affiliat, I got invitation where I can login, it was

'aff/index.php' page

3. Ok, I try to logged in (just to check what here are), type my ID (1) and password, was logged, here are 'Dashboard', 'Affiliate'  and 'Logout', nothing more :)

4. under 'Affiliate' I locate 'My Link'. I enter, it was link

http://dolphin_url/?idAff=1

5. I copy this URL, click logout

6. I paste copied URL to browser address (http://dolphin_url/?idAff=1)  and enter page, it was just default index page. I clicked 'Join' button.

7. Register new member - SubAndrey

8. And, as result, check Table: aff_members, .. here are appear new record :
idAff     idProfile
1    9853

So, new member - with ID=9853 becomed referal of Aff = 1 (me)

So seems all works fine

Quote · 1 Oct 2008

1. Login in admin, goto Settings ->  Advanced Settings -> 'Enable affiliate support' - set On (checked)

2. follow link join_aff.php, was registered as aff (Name - Andrey), all my registered info appear in Table: aff

'aff/index.php' page

3. Ok, I try to logged in (just to check what here are), type my ID (1) and password, was logged, here are 'Dashboard', 'Affiliate'  and 'Logout', nothing more :)

6. I paste copied URL to browser address (http://dolphin_url/?idAff=1)  and enter page, it was just default index page. I clicked 'Join' button.

idAff     idProfile
1    9853

So seems all works fine

OK - so it works fine for you.  But that doesn't solve my problem that it does not work and has NEVER worked for me and others.

Quote · 3 Oct 2008

'aff/index.php' page

idAff     idProfile
1    9853

So seems all works fine

I followed everything that you have in your post to the letter.  And still .... Nothing!  Affiliate DOES NOT work.

Can anyone at all help me get this working?  I really need this to work for my site.

I would appreciate it so much!

Quote · 5 Oct 2008

From what I can figure out with testing is if you have an affiliate link and give it to someone to register with - they become your referral but they are NOT an affiliate so they don't get their own affiliate link.

Admin can add members manually as affiliates it seems

So if you go to your site link as follows:

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> http://www.yoursitename.com/aff/

and log in with your Affiliate ID which is a number, ad password - you will be able to see how many referrals you have. There is a link that will show you your referral link (there is a spelling error on this page: Affiliate's insructions page  - add a "t" instructions)

But somehow there has to be a way for members to register as an affiliate automatically and not just as a member)  (when they use someone's affiliate link.

Quote · 12 Oct 2008

Taking another look - once you are logged in as a regular member there is an affiliate link at the top of the page.  Click that and you get a new signup form to register as an affiliate.  It is a totally independent registration to reglar member.

I still haven't quite figure out the Members as Affiliates thing in the admin panel -and what it all means when you enter numbers there as it does not make sense to me.

Quote · 12 Oct 2008

It also does not appear as if confirmation emails are sent when you register as an affiliate - so the websites they need for logging in, etc are not easily found.

Quote · 12 Oct 2008

I dont see where affiliates enter payment processor information to enable them to be paid

Quote · 12 Oct 2008

More info

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/GenDolFAQs#HowcanImanageaffiliate

Quote · 12 Oct 2008

More info

I followed every step outlined in the wiki.... still NO luck!   Affiliate DOES NOT work!  :-(

Quote · 13 Oct 2008

More info

I followed every step outlined in the wiki.... still NO luck!   Affiliate DOES NOT work!  :-(

What didn't work?  Let's see if we can figure this out because I really need the affiliate stuff working :)

Let me know what you did and we can compare notes

Cheers

I have been working on a test site and am reinstalling that so will try it all again from scratch

Quote · 13 Oct 2008

More info

What didn't work?  Let's see if we can figure this out because I really need the affiliate stuff working :)

Let me know what you did and we can compare notes

Cheers

I have been working on a test site and am reinstalling that so will try it all again from scratch

The link that you provided in your post from the wiki on how to enable and use the "Affiliate" module/function.

I followed all of the steps outlined in the wiki on how to enable it - and it still DOES NOT work.

Quote · 13 Oct 2008

I have just reinstalled my test site and here is what I did:

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

In admin panel – Settings – Advance Settings. Check the Enable Affiliate then Save Changes button at end of page.

Go to users – select Affiliates. In top area where it says Manage Affiliates – enter a test name, email, password, percent and the last column is Status – in the drop down box select Active and then Add

The name will show with probably the id 1 next to it. The id number is a link – if you click it you will see the affiiate’s information.

Log into the affiliate back office (http://www.yourwebsite.com/aff/) using the ID number (probably 1) and password that you just manually entered in the admin panel.

Click Affiliate link in the left hand menu:

Page will show:

Profiles

Money Calculator

My Link

Click on My Link and you will find your affiliate link: http://yourwebsite.com/?idAff=1

Now, if someone signs up using above link, they will be registered as a regular member.

Log in your website as a regular member and on the very top menu (third from right hand side is ‘affiliate link’ If member clicks that they are taken to the page to register as an affiliate.

What I have not yet figured out is how the member gets in information of where to log in for their affiliate back office as no email was sent out when I added the name manually.

Try it using a test account and see what happens

Quote · 13 Oct 2008

Try to switch off Free mode (memberships) at your site, after this aff will work ?

Quote · 14 Oct 2008

Ok this affiliate system works perfectly for me.

Standard Affiliates get credited 10 percent and Members as Affiliates accrue numbers of members engaged that they can exchange for additional membership or membership upgrades as configured within the Admin Panel. To accrue engaged members a current member should use the Invite a Friend function whilst logged in. The link sent in the email will ensure that the point will be added when the friend joins. These points can be exchanged from the My Account page.

Quote · 27 Dec 2008

so far, this is a total wast of time !! :-(

when you look into the features for making money out of the site you imagine a community builder that allows memberships that can have integrated affiliate models (single or multi-tier) and use the invite a friend feature to send emails (or fetch contacts from gmail, hotmail,...) and thus creating downlines.

Spend a couple of hours trying to install and configure the script, mostly because there is no documentation to the admin backend. Configured the payment processors and, after trying to understand the affiliate system, went back to the forums to get some additional info on this feature. Besides lots of posts, I just saw the demo site and one live site with the affiliate feature working (adult dating site).

Correct me if I'm wrong:

- the invite a friend works for members to get additional members;

- there is no "affiliate" thing in this process;

- for a member to become an affiliate he has to signup again in a new "affiliate signup form";

- when he logs in to the affiliate control panel there is no invite a friend feature, just a link for him to post where ever he wants.

So, there is no simple way of having the affiliate account creation integrated into the member signup process and there is no way of using the "tell-a-friend" feature for the affiliate to earn donwlines/money.

It just looks like two diferent scripts patched together. LOL

If, by any chance, I'm mistaken, please correct me and share with the forum how does this work or where can we find documentation that really explains this (besides the unconclusive posts and the meager FAQ).

I think I'm going back to Joomla and JoomSocial. At least, these are documented....

Best regards all

alexandre

Quote · 21 Jan 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.