Membership Block missing- EXTREMELY serious issue

It has taken me forever to figure this out, but I am missing my "membership" block in the profile fields builder/edit/admin. I thought I might have accidentally deleted it, but with Mrpowless help, we have looked in the original install file and found that the code to insert this block is missing. My long journey trying to figure this out is documented in these threads on Unity and Expertzzz:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/#topic/Manual-upgrade-of-membership-issues.htm

http://www.expertzzz.com/forumz/?action=goto&forum_id=2#action=goto&topic_id=14100

According to Mr. Powless, this is common in the paid versions, but not in the free versions. I installed 6.1 and then upgraded to 6.1.1. and it is not there, so I don't know if this means there are more than one version of 6.1? If anyone can clarify this, please let me know- i.e. do you have the membership block on the free version? If so, there is a serious configuration control issue in Dolphin as there are multiple versions of the same version numbered software.

This is extremely serious, because, if I understand Mrpowless message (pasted below) the only way to fix this is to completely reinstall Dolphin- and doing a "restore" won't work as that would just put the error back in. In other words, if you are in this situation, all the work you have done this far might be wasted. This is extremely frustrating for me, as my previous installation of Dolphin was a disaster, and I was being super cautious this time- i.e. doing backups religiously, being very careful on modifications, etc. - but now it is looking like I may have to start all over again - and this is absolutely killing my spirit.

If anyone has any ideas on how to proceed I would appreciate the help.

Rob

________
Mrpowless message:

the insert into fields last one should say 43 membership thats all i wanted you to check..if youre using free its there. adfree wasnt there and smartpro wasnt there...i just spent 7 days on a smartpro guys who just today found out its in there now....it wasnt in the original install zip!!!!!they fixed it during install didnt tell us and didnt tell us that it was updated....couldnt b corrupted!!! missing one line in an sql file??? heh get real

this line must during install...as it sets up many other things......I tried for 4 days manual but it wont go because of caching soo reinstall is the only way...me xing, jtadeo all tried to no avail....so as we thought it could be a boonex error we downloaded another copy and sure enough it was updated!

The funny thing is that no one ever hears these stories..so maybe you can point it out in the forums: some versions of the sql file do not have this line:

INSERT INTO `ProfileFields` VALUES(43, 'Membership', 'system', '', '', NULL, NULL, '', 'LKey', '', 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, 0, NULL, 21, 3, 21, 3, 0, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL, '', 0, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, 0);

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

re:"...me xing, jtadeo all tried to no avail....so as we thought it could be a boonex error we downloaded another copy and sure enough it was updated!..."

So true. Before we call it out, we wanted to make sure it was an error and sure enough it was. Not sure if another patch will be provided.

*sigh*

...sip...

darren...I am still recovering from that one...lol...

Time for a nap.

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 12 Jun 2008

So we have to do a complete reinstall to get this to work??

That's crap. I bet the pundits will come in here and try to convince us it was our fault or say how we shouldn't complain about this. Because hey this is yet another thing we shouldn't be complaining about right? It's our server settings!! Boonex is working round the clock!! If you don't like it just go use new software!! Even though you've invested countless hours into getting your site up and running using this software and it's already launched. Meanwhile these major issues keep popping up.

The Boonex guys are lauching at us while they use our feedback here to work on and improve Shark which they will likely charge a lot more for.... And those of us that bought licenses paid them to do it....

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

Thanks for weighing in on this jtadeo.   There are a few things upsetting about this one- first, there has been no communication at all- as you can see from the threads, I spent considerable time just trying to figure out if this was a bug, or was something I did- as apparently did you and Darren.   Second, it is beginning to look like there are multiple  versions of the same version  of Dolphin - as I understand it,  this is a problem for the paid versions and some, but not all of the free versions- and sorting out what is what could be a HUGE mess.  Third, and most serious- as I  understand it, if your were unlucky and got a "bad version" of 6.1 - then the only solution is to delete all your work and start all over again.  For me this is heartbreaking and unacceptable- have have had to start from scratch three times now and I don't think I could take it again.   Please- anyone - if you have any contacts at Dolphin please have them address this one.    This is not just a little bug, it  could be a very big problem.

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

CALTRADE,

btw, I have a fix for your predefined list problem you were having. I did a test sample. You can see a predefined list using countries here:

http://www.mywebnerd.com/dolphin611/join.php

The above is my test site where I am constantly breaking things. So pardon the mess.

Let me know if you see it.

...sip...

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 12 Jun 2008

tell tale signs of a rotten copy,

-no membership at all on clean install

- "rr" after updating membership actions

-membership simply disappears for no apparent reason

Trust me we tried every option we could possibly think of.

P.S. did you guys try to delete a member yet...smartpro returns DB error. ProfilesComments field doesnt exist and the file in the mysql error sent to your email needs that line removed.

Sorry I cant get here more guys, I am in a major crunch time here.

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 12 Jun 2008

I received a reply from Boonex, in somewhat difficult to understand English.  Here it is:

--------------------

well - I suggest you to wait release of new patch - 6.1.2
And I believe it will help you.
You will need to make it just carefully  - with backups
--------------------

While I am happy they responded, this doesn't inspire much confidence.   When the patch is released, how will it know who has the "bad version" of 6.1 or the good version of 6.1? - do you think this patch will work?   Are others here in the same boat, or did I just get really unlucky again?    This has been far more depressing then the usual  Boonex disasters, because currently the only way to fix it is to destroy all the work you have done, and start all over again- the backups are worthless in this case.   I'd like to keep working on my application while waiting for this critical fix, but I don't know if this will be a massive waste of time.

Rob

p.s. Jtadeo- please see the email message I wrote you, I am very interested in your solution on that other issue.

Quote · 14 Jun 2008

I saw one of the Boonex developers was posting here, so I wrote him a PM about this issue.  For the benefit of those who may be in the same boat I have copied our exchange below.  His response is a little difficult to understand, but I appreciated getting any response at all, and it appears that I might be able to recover from this with the next patch, or even by downloading a more recent version of the 6.1.1. version.

Rob

Hi Andrey,

Could you tell me if there are two versions of Dolphin 6.1.1. free? I am missing the membership block in my profile builder / edit / admin, and with the help of Mrpowless we went back to the original install files and found that the SQL statement for inserting it wasn't there. We discussed this on the forum at this thread: http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/#topic/Membership-Block-missing-EXTREMELY-serious-issue.htm

Could you tell me if Boonex is aware of this issue? Do you think the patch will work? I have been advised to reinstall Dolphin and start all over again, but I have done that several times now and it is getting very frustrating. Any idea of when that patch will be ready?

--------------------------
6.1.2 ready, it just testing.
Soon go live

So, Memberships ..
in 6.1.1 it was possible to choose membership using pedit.php page (just profile editing during logged as admin), isn`t it?
If it was missed in patches/upgrades - just try clean install, here must be alls newest files

Regards,
Aramis

---------------------------
Hi Aramis,

So are you saying the patch won't fix it? When you say "just try a clean install" it is not that easy- that will be dozens of hours of work, and as I understand it the backups won't work as it would just put the error back in. I've been working on this since last year and have had to do several reinstalls already- and lost most of my work each time.

Please weigh in on this thread if you don't mind: http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/#topic/Membership-Block-missing-EXTREMELY-serious-issue.htm

As you can see, several very skilled users have already spent a great deal of time on this.
It would be nice to have a Boonex developer let us know what is going on with this issue.
--------------------------

I don`t mean that patches it don`t will fix

I just mean that in 6.1.1 already realized possibility to change membership of define profile (via admin)
You don`t should make clean install, this is just suggestion
So just merge (compare) pedit.php and all main code fields classes (BxDolPFM.php, BxDolProfileFields.php, BxDolProfilesController.php files)
Better if you will have latests version, from 6.1.1 at least )

and you will have worked assigning membership

Regards,
Arami

Quote · 18 Jun 2008

I can't comment on the missing block issue, but I want to thank you for posting that exchange, because it lets us know that 6.1.2 is "ready" but in a testing stage.  That's good news.  I just wish Trac was being updated so we can know what changes are being made.  Sure would help when considering what mods I need to purchase...

Quote · 18 Jun 2008

Merge works good for heavily worked on sites, fcompare files and replace changed added functions.

If you have fresh copy still broken, just replace pedit.php, inc/classes/BxDolPFM.php, BxDolProfileFields.php files from an upgrade package or full package of the one you use, free or adfree

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 18 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.