Membership upgrade from promotional

It seems membership ugrade option available only for existing standard membership level.

how to change that?

so that promotional members should be able to see the upgrade options link.

if($bOfferUpgrade && BxDolRequest::serviceExists('membership', 'get_upgrade_url'))
            $sViewActions = _t('_MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FROM_STANDARD', BxDolService::call('membership', 'get_upgrade_url')) . '<span class="sys-bullet"></span>' . $sViewActions;
Quote · 18 Mar 2017

You can modify the following the following code in inc/profiles.inc.php file:

// Show colored membership name
    if($aMembership['ID'] == MEMBERSHIP_ID_STANDARD || $aMembership['ID'] == MEMBERSHIP_ID_PROMOTION) {
        $ret .= $aMembership['Name'];

if($bOfferUpgrade && BxDolRequest::serviceExists('membership', 'get_upgrade_url'))
            $sViewActions = _t('_MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FROM_STANDARD', BxDolService::call('membership', 'get_upgrade_url')) . '<span class="sys-bullet"></span>' . $sViewActions;

$ret .= '<br />' . $sViewActions;
    } else {

However, after upgrading, the new membership will be in effect after Promotional membership is expired.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 20 Mar 2017

Thank you very much.

These memberships are confusing. 

Quote · 20 Mar 2017

One membership  level was priced at 0$.

If someone  purchases that membership,  how that membership  will be assigned  to him immediately. 

Quote · 9 Apr 2018

Hello sureandhraindia!

This mem level will be assigned automatically at once.

With the best regards, Leonid

Quote · 13 Apr 2018

Hello sureandhraindia!

This mem level will be assigned automatically at once.

With the best regards, Leonid

I have tested it as promotion member.

I clicked upgrade options. 

I clicked the 0$ membership level, it showed a popup that the item successfully added to cart, after clicking ok, I was redirected to checkout, after clicking checkout, a message saying it was processed.

However it was not assigned. The current membership still showing promotion.

I repeated the step after log out and relogin.

At last, I got message saying 'the order is empty' on page payment error.

You can check it with the tester account I have sent to you.

I haven't done any custom work except, adding the above suggestion || $aMembership['ID'] == MEMBERSHIP_ID_PROMOTION

Quote · 13 Apr 2018

1. The free membership assignment (0 usd) should happen without payment gateway (not fixed yet).

Other things I noticed

2. If membership is for Lifetime (0 days as per dolphin),

It should show ''Lifetime'' in shopping cart (bottom menu) and site cart () but not like this phrase ''Prime for 0 days''.

3. If any user adds any membership to cart and goes to shopping cart page,

there is block with heading ''admin's cart". The name looks inappropriate or confusing and it should be the "user's cart".

4. If there are multiple memberships, the description block squeezed in 'select level' block but fine in ''my status'' block. Please see image attached. Also, the description overlaps with next image. Please see ''x'' in image.

Untitled.png · 43K · 5 views
Quote · 10 May 2018

there is block with heading ''admin's cart". The name looks inappropriate or confusing and it should be the "user's cart".

Yes, this is confusing to members and I have had the same thing happen.  The cart system is used when members are also allow to sell items.  The message is to indicate which member the person is buying from if they have several items in their shopping cart; each one will indicate which member the item(s) are from.  Perhaps changing it from cart to shop might help with the confusion and this can be done in the language key.  So it could be; "John's Shop", "Jenny's Shop"   or maybe checkout; "Jenny's Shop Checkout".

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 10 May 2018

Yes, the three things sites cart, shopping cart, members cart should not be confusing. 

Quote · 11 May 2018

1. The free membership assignment (0 usd) should happen without payment gateway (not fixed yet).

Other things I noticed

2. If membership is for Lifetime (0 days as per dolphin),

It should show ''Lifetime'' in shopping cart (bottom menu) and site cart () but not like this phrase ''Prime for 0 days''.

4. If there are multiple memberships, the description block squeezed in 'select level' block but fine in ''my status'' block. Please see image attached. Also, the description overlaps with next image. Please see ''x'' in image.

1. Fix from boonex team: Should turn off promotional membership.

2, 3, 4 any improvements? 

Quote · 23 May 2018

after upgrading, the new membership will be in effect after Promotional membership is expired.

When user buys any membership , it should be upgraded immediately and should not wait until expiry of promotional membership. How this could be done?

Currently when a member purchases 0usd membership, it is producing error

Quote · 3 Jun 2018

1. Fix from boonex team: Should turn off promotional membership

This is also not working.

Quote · 13 Jun 2018

after upgrading, the new membership will be in effect after Promotional membership is expired.

When user buys any membership , it should be upgraded immediately and should not wait until expiry of promotional membership. How this could be done?

Could u please address this. Turning off 'promotional membership' in the middle is not a good idea. So, please give a code which allows users to choose and get assigned any membership during their promotional period.

Quote · 25 Jun 2018

Could u please address this. Turning off 'promotional membership' in the middle is not a good idea. So, please give a code which allows users to choose and get assigned any membership during their promotional period.

The new membership have more features than promotional. So, promotional member when clicks new membership, should be assigned to him instantly.

Quote · 12 Sep 2018

The rough fix for your wish is to change the following line of the file inc/membership_levels.inc.php

from this variant:

function buyMembership($iMemberId, $iMembershipId, $sTransactionId, $bStartsNow = false)

to this one:

function buyMembership($iMemberId, $iMembershipId, $sTransactionId, $bStartsNow = true)

then after every purchase action, the new mem level will start immediately.

Quote · 14 Sep 2018

The rough fix for your wish is to change the following line of the file inc/membership_levels.inc.php

from this variant:

function buyMembership($iMemberId, $iMembershipId, $sTransactionId, $bStartsNow = false)

to this one:

function buyMembership($iMemberId, $iMembershipId, $sTransactionId, $bStartsNow = true)

then after every purchase action, the new mem level will start immediately.

Thank you very much. This is all I need.

Quote · 15 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.