Membership

Is there a way to block non-members from viewing certain sections of the site.  I know the Navigation builder has a check box to make the nav bar not show up for non-members.  I think this functionality is a bit lacking, why remove the fields and not simply direct them to the sign up page.

Is this possible, directing non-members to the sign up page thru the navigation bar, or do we once again have to dig deep into this miserable code and find a custom solution.  For the money this product was purchased for, the support is totally lacking.

Best Regards,

Matt

Quote · 30 Jul 2008

Hiya,

Go to Admin > Settings > Membership levels

There you can set actions for Standard members and non-members. Where it says manage membership types you want to click on Non-Member and scroll down to Membership Actions, there you can add or delete action. Once you delete an action you can always add it back later.

Rob 

Quote · 30 Jul 2008

Thanks for the reply, but honestly I don't even feel the Membership Levels are a part of the site.  The current levels for Non-Member are:

make search

use Orca Public Forums

view Other Members guestbook

vote

However a Non-Member can click on any navigation button on our site and browse anything they desire.  I'm just trying to make my nav bar send a Non-Member to the signup form if they click on videos, blogs, etc.  I'm sure this won't be possible unless you examine the code.  From a developer point of view, this application seems to be developed with the intent to pay boonex for any modifications that need to be done.  So far I'm ill-impressed with this pricey application, but I guess I'll dive into the code myself.

If anyone knows a simple way to accomplish what I desire, PLEASE let me know before I spend hours going through code.

Best Regards.

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Your site running in free mode....membership level don't work then

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

Admin > settings > Membership Levels > uncheck Site is running in free mode.

Quote · 2 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.