Modify dolphin to look like UNA

Please make some impressing features of UNA in Dolphin.

Complete look of Messenger. Include Icon of messenger.

Full cover width whereever.

Forums and messages like UNA.

Timelines for some modules like events.

Top down menu.

These features are appealing. 

Especially messenger to be considered.

Quote · 21 May 2017

Also please add features like files like pdf, .docx etc with onsite preview 

Quote · 27 May 2017

Why not to use UNA ?

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 27 May 2017

Why not to use UNA ?

Major reason modules limitation.

Una is developing and I have good idea, plans, taken decisions with dolphin.

Quote · 27 May 2017

Please tell about dolphin development

Quote · 29 May 2017

It's true Alex, Una is great, so I want to migrate my site and Dolphin pale face next to him for what he can do for now.

But first there is a dolphin-> una migration script, see here https://una.io/page/view-post?id=11 Andrew's comment, it seems that the target is spoiled.

It also lacks a video module and a private chat.

And then the market offers few extensions, apart from Anton who offers some, Modzzz sulks seems to sulk Una, it is still the second devellopeur to offer many good ideas.

And to conclude, a cricial point for me is to be able to do a profiles search.

I know you're going to tell me that UNA is not meant for a dating site, but still, how a site that offers the opportunity to ask for an amtié, does not offer the opportunity to look for where are future friends ?

So I understand the subject of this topic. In fact I think many of us say this:

Ok, UNA is beautiful, clean, fast, modern and works well in what it does but it does much less than Dophin.

Ok, Dolphin really does a lot more, but seems a bit ancestral next to UNA.

So we find ourselves in front of a difficult choice to make for now.

There I express myself as a Dolphin user. But if I was a new user, I would find myself confronted with this same choice.

And I think advancing on both sides of the parallele is also difficult for you.

I suspect technically it was difficult to do otherwise.

Why not to use UNA ?

Baloo
Quote · 30 May 2017

Why did you not evolve dolphin into una?

Quote · 30 May 2017

Please let me know whether or not there is dolphin development?

Many things are left like that in dolphin when compared to Una

Quote · 1 Jun 2017

@sureandhraindia It maybe it's some job for someone to make a template for Dolphin for the BoonEx Market.

@baloo we're really close to make migration script from Dolphin to UNA, Search and private Messenger functionality should be available in the upcoming update.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 24 Jun 2017

So dolphin will die? Because you want us to migrate to una? 

Quote · 28 Jun 2017

@sureandhraindia It maybe it's some job for someone to make a template for Dolphin for the BoonEx Market.

@baloo we're really close to make migration script from Dolphin to UNA, Search and private Messenger functionality should be available in the upcoming update.

I bought some modules which allows replies as notifications, menus, etc to look better. Please make it mobile friendly and many features are absent in dolphin like viewing files pdf words etc.. 

how one can migrate if site was tightly integrated with modules in market. Will developers migrate?

Quote · 29 Jun 2017

Ouch, for the third modules I think we should not dream. Personally if I manage to upload, profiles, photos, forums and videos, I will already be very happy.

@Alex, thank you, I just installed the messenger, great, we are approaching the goal.
But about videos, you planned something?

I also have a question about the transfer script. Do you think it will be possible to keep the same links for content?

Or will it be necessary to plan a new site?

I think of SEO.

Baloo
Quote · 29 Jun 2017

I also have a question about the transfer script. Do you think it will be possible to keep the same links for content?

I think of SEO.

That's the #1 reason why we haven't created the "transfer script" yet and why in all likelihood Dolphin will have to be supported and developed for years ahead. It is nearly impossible to migrate indexed content, even if URLs are matched, and not to trigger some kind of Google penalty. The internal link structure would be different, link-to-content ratios would be different and markup would be different. Moreover, all Dolphin custom mods that aren't matched in UNA would be orphaned. 

So, we plan a "hybrid" solution, allowing SSO sessions between the two platforms so that they can be coexisting simultaneously until most of the activity is gradually shifted towards the UNA-based parts of the site. You've probably seen it happening on large sites sometimes - when certain areas use a newer/redesigned platform and some areas continue working on the old one for while.

The feature-final UNA 9RC is coming out in a few days, so we expect things to happen a lot quicker now and you should see more apps in the UNA Market.   

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 4 Jul 2017

So when is Dolphin going to get this cool new chat I got an email about 2 months ago?

Quote · 4 Jul 2017

So when is Dolphin going to get this cool new chat I got an email about 2 months ago?

Good question. Yes, Dolphin is getting the new messenger (we call it Jot Messenger, but it can also be used as chat, live comments, shoutbox, and mailbox) as an integrated Dolphin module. We estimate about 3 weeks for integration and testing after it is released as part of the UNA 9 final. UNA 9rc is ready now and we'll be announcing it next week after update pack is ready. So, the final is a few weeks away still. 

Jot messenger is indeed very promising. It's used on-par with Discussion (Forum) module or more on UNA.io, showing great engagement. It's real-time, based on NodeJS and sockets.io, plus push notifications via OneSignal. We're putting in a lot of resources into it, but it does need some time to iron out some basic challenges. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 5 Jul 2017

and you should see more apps in the UNA Market.

Groups. Usable groups. With group blogs/posts and group albums. 

Profile search, Dolphin-like one.

Maybe admin's ability to restrict option to make persons for user, what's the point? 

Quote · 6 Jul 2017

Are u implementing Jot messenger for dolphin.

Quote · 23 Jul 2017

Please remember to integrate it with wherever people talk. Chat, comments, .................also events, groups.

And ensure that it is mobile friendly.

Good question. Yes, Dolphin is getting the new messenger (we call it Jot Messenger, but it can also be used as chat, live comments, shoutbox, and mailbox) as an integrated Dolphin module. We estimate about 3 weeks for integration and testing after it is released as part of the UNA 9 final. UNA 9rc is ready now and we'll be announcing it next week after update pack is ready. So, the final is a few weeks away still. 

Jot messenger is indeed very promising. It's used on-par with Discussion (Forum) module or more on UNA.io, showing great engagement. It's real-time, based on NodeJS and sockets.io, plus push notifications via OneSignal. We're putting in a lot of resources into it, but it does need some time to iron out some basic challenges. 

Quote · 5 Aug 2017

How can that be impossible? Oh, you are not magicians? I'm really disappointed! I am joking, thank you for the answer, you have understood the meaning of my question and now the situation is clearer. I suspected that it would be very complicated.

We will bridge the bridge and when everyone has crossed the bridge, we will break it.

Ok, so we have to help in that direction, so I see two solutions.

1. A "simple" script that allows to transfer all accounts.
2. Using Dolphin Connect.

For the second option it would be necessary to improve the latter so that it transfers a little more information. That's why on aa.io, I was talking to Alex to make fields like date of birth and sex standard and include them in dolphin connect.

I still think it will work with 1 and 2 at the same time, as you say you can not stop a site overnight, so even if all the accounts are transferred using a script, It will continue to arrive people on the dolphin site and it will be necessary to invite those to jump on the site una.

At the same time maybe 2 is enough, it is true that things are so different from Dolphin to Una that it is perhaps best to go slowly, until the members adapt to their ease.

Not simple, but feasible I think, I trust, we will get there, but we will have to help us by working well ;-)

Thanks for the clarification

I think of SEO.

That's the #1 reason why we haven't created the "transfer script" yet and why in all likelihood Dolphin will have to be supported and developed for years ahead. It is nearly impossible to migrate indexed content, even if URLs are matched, and not to trigger some kind of Google penalty. The internal link structure would be different, link-to-content ratios would be different and markup would be different. Moreover, all Dolphin custom mods that aren't matched in UNA would be orphaned. 

So, we plan a "hybrid" solution, allowing SSO sessions between the two platforms so that they can be coexisting simultaneously until most of the activity is gradually shifted towards the UNA-based parts of the site. You've probably seen it happening on large sites sometimes - when certain areas use a newer/redesigned platform and some areas continue working on the old one for while.

The feature-final UNA 9RC is coming out in a few days, so we expect things to happen a lot quicker now and you should see more apps in the UNA Market.   

Baloo
Quote · 6 Aug 2017

@baloo, nous sommes très proches de créer un script de migration de Dolphin vers UNA, la recherche et les conditions météorologiques de Messenger privé sont disponibles dans la prochaine mise à jour.

Good news ! 

Our dolphin has aged well and migrating to UNA is a good idea.

Hopefully it will not be too long.

Thank you for your efforts.

Quote · 8 Aug 2017

Good question. Yes, Dolphin is getting the new messenger (we call it Jot Messenger, but it can also be used as chat, live comments, shoutbox, and mailbox) as an integrated Dolphin module.  

So when will this jot messenger comes to dolphin

Quote · 12 Aug 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.