Moved to New Domain, now License Doesn't Work!

Hello, as stated in the title I can't get my license # to work on my new domain. It's "unregistered" from my old site now, but when I try to add the number to Dolphin in the new site... the screen just blinks... and keeps asking for the license number. I guess I need a new one or something, I don't know.

We obviously can't call anyone at Boonex, I've sent 2 emails last night - no response this morning. One of their help pages said Boonex has Live Chat Support - Nope, no links to that.

What's going on??? This is pretty jacked up! 

Quote · 22 Mar 2017

When changing domains the first step is to log into your Boonex Account and go to the license.  Release the license from the old domain and then register it with the new domain.  Then go back to your site's admin and try entering the license.  If it won't register this time, then you may have a block; fopen must be on in PHP; that is keeping the site from connecting to Boonex's licensing server.  We just answer this same question for another member.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 Mar 2017

Greetings Geek Girl :)  Thank you for taking the time to respond. Can you go a bit more into detail on what I need to change? There's a TON of "PHP" files... where exactly would I find "Fopen" and PHP? Please be specific... You are the only help I have right now... which is really crazy for a $500 program. smh

Anyway... looking forward to your response and finally getting this resolved - Thank you. Laughing

Quote · 23 Mar 2017

By the way... I have it 'Unregistered' already, I just can't do anything with the dam license and Dolphin isn't accepting it. Thx

Quote · 23 Mar 2017

fopen is set in your php.ini file  If fopen is turned off, then Dolphin can not contact the licensing server.

If you go to your admin, then Tools and then click on Host Tools, you will get a list of php that needs to be on.  Look at allow_url_fopen and see if it is set on.

Quote · 23 Mar 2017

By the way... I have it 'Unregistered' already

First step is that you have to log into your Boonex Account and go to your licenses.  For the license you have to register it to the Domain name.  If the license is not registered to the domain name in your Boonex Account, then it won't be applied in the admin panel of your site.

Quote · 23 Mar 2017

If this is something you don't think you can handle, then send me a PM.  I am not working for Boonex.

Quote · 23 Mar 2017

HEYYYYYY.... BOONEX HAS APPARENTLY RESET MY LICENSE TODAY AND ADDED MY NEW SITE TO IT.... Tongue Out ::BOUNCE:: Tongue Out ::BOUNCE::Tongue Out ::BOUNCE:: Laughing OMG... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S WORKING NOW AND OFF TRIAL VERSION!! WHOOOO-HOOOO!!!  Surprised

It's been a year since I've had to fool around with that license and resetting it etc... so I wasn't sure if I was missing a step I needed to do. I didn't remember it being so difficult, I just remember click...click...click and I had a new site applied to a license. But I couldn't remember exactly what I did. I think it was like you said though - I think it was locked. 

But I'm back in business now though... and I'd like to thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to try and help me and typing all of that out - That is really very kind of you Innocent to be so helpful with us Newbies 

I think I should be ok from here and now have a LOT of work to do setting up my templates and yadda yadda yadda lol. Take care Geek_girl. Hope to see you around on here. Wink

Quote · 24 Mar 2017

I am happy to hear it worked out.  If you need help, just post in the forum.

Quote · 24 Mar 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.