Moving Dolphin files to new folder on same server

Ok so,

www.deciphagear.com/dolphin is my current site

(it goes like this, 'deciphagear.com' is a folder > 'dolphin' is the folder for dolphin that has the site in it obviously that is inside the 'deciphagear.com' folder on the server, and i want to move the dolphin files inside it and out of the 'deciphagear.com' folder to the 'letsconnect.ca' folder, [taking it OUT of the dolphin folder so there is no letsconnect.ca/dolphin])

I want to just move the files my Dolphin folder from the current folder that it is in on my server (deciphagear.com/dolphin/) to the (letsconnect.ca) folder which on the same level on my server/ftp as my current folder that it is in. both folders (the url domains) are managed on the using the same ftp username. Anyways read more here, this is what im looking at following in order to do it:

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/GenDolFAQs#Ineedtotransfermysitetoanotherfolderserver.WhatdoIneedtodo

So yeah, I simply want to put the files from /dolphin/ into a new folder (the one that is for the new url letsconnect.ca) on the same server (for the new url domain) and im just worried things will mess up maybe im paranoid i dont know, can i use the SAME DATABASE or do i have to make a new one?... because on the server im using the same username to manage both ftp logins for the url its in now and the one i want to move it into, so can I just use the same database so I dont have to worry about certain steps, or does that matter, or do will that even work? or am i just causing myself more trouble and should i simply follow those instructions? and is that really all there is to transferring it to a new folder, seems so simple that it has me worried haha..

thanks!
www.letsconnect.ca

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.