My Community Journey To Success

Im still unsure whether I should document this, but I will use this blog to mainly log numbers which will reflect results Im achieving, will try to update it frequently.  I will also set goals for those numbers, so that the community here can witness the growth rate.  At this present time, Im nowhere near being prepared to launch, but Im tired of waiting.  This post is to demonstrate my "incredible ultra newb powers", Wink 

Btw, most of the info will be very limited to numbers only, not detailed info regarding my methods as my methods are different, new & never tried before (thinking outside the box).  Succeed or Fail, it will be fun no matter the outcome.  The numbers represent people and is current as of Nov 20.

2145/A  
Nov 23 Goal: 2300 

23/X (This suppose to be "0" cause I have not interfered with it at all, but 23 ppl found this on their own in one week) 
Nov 23 Goal: 100 

360/Y
Nov 23 Goal: 375 

13/Z

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 21 Nov 2014

I'd tell you what I think of this blog, but you already know.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 21 Nov 2014

Hahaha.  I started to post this over in the Fun & Foo area.  Just give it some time though before the numbers starts to increase.  I think some may appreciate seeing some form of success in progress, if not, then some can laugh at my failure and learn from my mistakes, nonetheless, it will be entertaining.

Better yet HL, tell me what do you think would make this blog slightly better or interesting.

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

Better yet HL, tell me what do you think would make this blog slightly better or interesting.

The answer will probably be boobies; LOL.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Nov 2014

LOL, I dont think HL care too much for anything sleazy.

The answer will probably be boobies; LOL.

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

GOALS FAILED.  Haven't been able to do anything lately, I've been busy with other stuff.
But I did learn something new, Im ranked about 22,595k globally, still dont know my US rank yet.  I will be adding this to my results as well.  I also want to set goals with these numbers too, but haven't had time to figure out how to realistically go about doing so.

New deadline is Nov 27 near midnight (data is still the same)

2145/A  

23/X (This suppose to be "0" cause I have not interfered with it at all, but 23 ppl found this on their own in one week) 

360/Y

13/Z

Quote · 24 Nov 2014

X-mas Holidays Update

Dec 16 (Ranks)
Global = 12.8 M, US =  2.8 M

Dec 20
Global = 10.3 M, US  =  1.6 M

Dec 21
Global = 9.6 M, US =  1.4 M

Dec 22
Global = 8.6 M, US = 1.1 M

Dec 23
Global = 7.8 M, US = 950k
Im very happy to break the top Million in US, next major milestone is 500k

23/X (source of people)
Currently 1100 

2145/A  (source of people)
Currently 2500

Haven't had time to put effort into the other numbers

GOALS FAILED.  Haven't been able to do anything lately, I've been busy with other stuff.
But I did learn something new, Im ranked about 22,595k globally, still dont know my US rank yet.  

New deadline is Nov 27 near midnight (data is still the same)

2145/A  

360/Y

13/Z

Quote · 24 Dec 2014

Dec 26
Global = 7M, US = 810k

X-mas Holidays Update

Dec 16 (Ranks)
Global = 12.8 M, US =  2.8 M

Dec 20
Global = 10.3 M, US  =  1.6 M

Dec 21
Global = 9.6 M, US =  1.4 M

Dec 22
Global = 8.6 M, US = 1.1 M

Dec 23

Quote · 26 Dec 2014

RE

next major milestone is 500k

Do you really believe that's worth reporting?  That there are 499,999 websites that people would rather visit than yours?  If I spent 60 seconds on each of those browsing around to see what each had to offer, and I did it 8 hours a day, I'd be at it for about 3 years.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 26 Dec 2014

Yes I do, and here is why:
For a brand new community (that is less than 2 months old) I believe & think that my current ranks are fantastic.  On top of that, I have not been putting as much time as I intended to into it, so those results are with only minimal efforts on my behalf.  Also, I dont know if you remember, but in that "ultra newb powers" post I made, I stated:

"I do not have any seo, back links, ect., my community isn't even listed on yahoo, bing, or google either, because Im taking an entirely different approach, thinking outside of the box.  Without anything, seo and the other usual tips & tricks webmasters use, all I've done (for testing purposes) was mention my community (only once), and 300 ppl signed up in less than a month." 

So I say that to say this, to come from the high triple digit millions, to my current US rank 810k and possibly hit 500k, in less than 2 months, is something I believe is worth sharing.  You dont think so?  You also have to take into consideration that Im not even listed on any search engines at all to help me climb the ranks, especially at this pace in such a very short time.  Another thing that should be taken into consideration is that Im not using the traditional methods that all webmasters use to climb the ranks, Im using my own newly created method, which is working very well for me so far, according to these stats.

My next major milestone is 500k, once that is achieved then new milestones will be set until my community is somewhere in the top 2k or even lower.  Its not the fact that there are half a million sites that people would rather visit than mines, its the facts that:
a) I've came from the upper hundred millions to within that top half million in less than 2 months
b) I've created my own method which is causing me to climb the ranks insanely fast
c) My own newly created method is responsible for my community achieving great results thus far
d) this is happening from an Ultra Newb, 
(imagine if I had some real help from a lot of you knowledgeable guys here, we wouldn't have to wait 16 months of "no fucking updates" for starters and a whole ton of other benefits & perks)  

Do you really believe that's worth reporting?  That there are 499,999 websites that people would rather visit than yours?  If I spent 60 seconds on each of those browsing around to see what each had to offer, and I did it 8 hours a day, I'd be at it for about 3 years.

Quote · 27 Dec 2014

Happy New Year everyone.  Just wanted to share my Jan 13th Update:
US = 175k (I've reached & surpassed my next major milestone of 500k)
Global = 2.04M 

I've been kind of stuck hovering in the 200k area, but should soon break top 100k.
I suppose my next major milestone should be top 75k in the US (since Im almost at 100k already).  Wish me luck. 

Dec 26
Global = 7M, US = 810k

X-mas Holidays Update

Dec 23

Quote · 14 Jan 2015

just curious ... what is your site called and what it is about?

Quote · 14 Jan 2015

Quick Update:  I've been having some issues, haven't been here in quite some time, nor have I been doing anything with my site.  But for a quick recap, I started off being ranked 23Million globally in Nov, 3Million locally here in the US.  In less than 90 days, my (brand new) site became top 400k globally and top 100k in US (without any SEO, being listed on Google, Yahoo, Bing & other popular search engines, ect.,)  

Keep in mind that Im NOT a webmaster, I only had an IDEA to try a new & different approach, and it WORKED!  If I had some help from some of you very smart webmasters, the rankings would be much lower, and im pretty positive we'd be ranked top 10,000 sites by now.  Now, because I have not done anything with my site in the past couple of months, I fell in rank, globally 8Million, US 1.7Million.  I spent a few hours last week & this week, and im back at 1.3Million globally & 700k in the US.

I will try to report my ranking either weekly or bi-weekly

Solusoft, I cant really speak on that info, for a couple of reasons.

Quote · 23 Apr 2015

from where are the rankings derived?

from which countries are your signups coming?

Quote · 23 Apr 2015

We each have our own way of gauging the success of our website(s).  For some success is based on improvement in "Internet Ranking", for others it's an increasing number of "members" joining, for a few it's only when the site's income is greater than the expenses, and for some of us it's simply whether the site succeeds with helping the online community it was created for. Smile

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
Quote · 23 Apr 2015

RE

Just browse through the top 100,000 websites in the United States.... let us know when you find it.

Quote · 23 Apr 2015

RE

Just browse through the top 100,000 websites in the United States.... let us know when you find it.

Just a quick LOL

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 23 Apr 2015

Alexa.
Majority of the signups & visitors are in the US. 

from where are the rankings derived?

from which countries are your signups coming?

Quote · 23 Apr 2015

LOL, that wouldn't work HL.  Im no longer ranked top 100k in the US, because I fell in rank due to being absent for a couple of months, so now Im back at 700k.

RE

Quote · 23 Apr 2015

Scratch that, I just checked and realized Im ranked at 530k.  Thats a nice jump in only one day.
Speaking of jumps, i do remembered that when I hit 200k, I noticed that the rankings were getting a little more difficult to climb, which I didn't anticipate until maybe top 50k or something. 

LOL, that wouldn't work HL.  Im no longer ranked top 100k in the US, because I fell in rank due to being absent for a couple of months, so now Im back at 700k. 

Quote · 23 Apr 2015

Once you are outside of the top 100k globally the numbers reported mean very little. Alexa make no claims for the validity of those numbers. 

The fact that they are so variable should tell you that because the world is simply not so unstable. At the level you are at a couple of signups from people with an Alexa cookie will move your site a lot. 

A few years ago I was running a Dolphin site that was consistently in the top 100k at around 60k with only 4-6k daily uniques. It just so happened that my visitors were motivated to have Alexa cookies. 

Given the variability that you see I bet that when you research how Alexa works that  you find there is a reason for anomalous behaviour unrelated to your traffic. 

There are better ranking services out there such as Quantcast but Alexa users flattered by Alexa's numbers often reject the very different information provided by Quantcast. 

A genuinely high traffic site will tend to have similar numbers in both Alexa and Quantcast. 

If you want a more valid insight into your success I'd suggest looking to your traffic stats and metrics such as engagement or bounce rate. Seek to improve those without reference to external rankings. I'd also look to revenue targets, assuming the site is designed to have revenue. I'd use Alexa and Quantcast to identify competition in the upper reaches and use them as comparative targets rather than the largely fictional general numeric rankings. 

Quote · 24 Apr 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.