My two pennies worth

Hi all

As many of you will already know, i am not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to tech stuff and have absolutely no knowledge at all of code.

You will also have come to realise that i am not one to blow smoke up peoples ass's but having said that i feel it is important that the team at Boonex, those who contribute to this forum and those at Zarconia hosting get some well deserved positive feedback.

I only got involved with Boonex a couple of months ago when i was looking to put together a small community website for my old school friends through which they could keep in touch and catch up on what's been happening over the years and i have to say that i have never come across a company so willing to help their "clients" and "patrons" as Andrew and the whole Boonex team, their willingness to impart knowledge which they have built up over years of hard work is truly a breath of fresh air in a world where in most cases if you have a problem then you have to pay someone through the nose to help. For Boonex nothing seems too much trouble which also applies to those at Zarconia, another company who obviously take a great deal of pride in the services they provide and IMHO (having tried a few other hosts) are second to none. I'm sure that the new leasing parnership of Boonex and Zarconia will be a great success with new clients.

And lastly to you lot, the Boonex forum contributors, a HUGE thanks for your help and patience in answering what to most of you must seem my stupid questions, I am learning albeit slowly but i will get to where i want to be with your continued help and support.

Well that's about it, just keep doing what you're doing.

Ed

It ain't easy being this stupid all of the time
Quote · 13 Oct 2015

I know you'd do the same for us

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 13 Oct 2015

Thank you, Ed! 

It is a great pleasure to be able to work with users of our software directly and collaborate as one big team. We are also very happy about our new engagement with Zarconia team. Makes it so much easier to service people that don't want to bother with hosting, setup and maintenance issues. 

You're right about the community here, too! Especially in the last couple of years we see how discussion became more mature and some active members really help promptly (looking at you, GG ;) ), while others also keep contributing a lot through constructive critique, reporting and mentoring (like the super-mellow HL). Yeah, it's an awesome bunch, and we love them!

Thanks again and welcome to the journey!

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 14 Oct 2015

Just trying to give credit where it's due Andrew

As a full time carer for my disabled wife i tend to have alot of time on my hands as working a regular job is out of the question so my getting involved with community sites is a great distraction for me.

I know that some of my questions will perhaps annoy the more tech savvy and for this i must apologise but i will stick at it. I believe i have learned alot from reading the posts in this forum but i am under no illusion, i have a hell of a lot to learn.

There is a vast amount of knowledge shared in this forum and all those who contribute, understanding the limitations of some of us deserve a well earned pat on the back.

Dad (HL) can be a bit of a smart arse at times but it is obvious that his knowledge is extensive and a great help to many.

Enjoying the journey

Ed

It ain't easy being this stupid all of the time
Quote · 14 Oct 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.