NEWBLOCK / NEW_ITEM database error

I can not use fields builder.. it keeps telling me new_item already exists and then doesn't add it.

I checked the forums for a fix.. searched for what they said.

it is not in profiles fields in the mysql database nor is it in menus field.

it has to be somewhere else.

let me know all possible locations that can jam up the fields builder with newblock and new_item

I am at a loss for weeks now. hopefully someone can tell me where to find these annoyances so i can delete them and get on with adding fields to my site

thanks

Quote · 2 Dec 2008

check table `PageCompose` in your Db - it can be there

Regards

Artur

Quote · 3 Dec 2008

thanks. checking it now

Quote · 3 Dec 2008

NEW_ITEM / NEWBLOCK are not found in database fields pagecompose, menuitems,profile,profilefields.

this only leads me to beleive it is another fields messing up my fields builder with new_item error that it is already there or there is a file someone in some directory that is cuasing it

Quote · 3 Dec 2008

I'm having the same issue. Cannot add new_item.. new_item does not apper in ANY table in my db. How about some real help with this issue instead of constant postings of the same fix? I've tried this in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Quote · 5 Dec 2008

The fields builder relies on a cached version of the data structure. Look under inc/db_cached/

You might need to empty the cache folder then reload the Fields builder. That may do the trick.

Also, depending on how Dolphin was installed on your server, if on a Unix server, you might have a permission issue. The forceful way to solve this is by doing a chmod 666 on ./inc/db_cached/. Though switching the owner:group to the web user is the more secure way.

Quote · 5 Dec 2008

It can also get stuck in the "profiles" table, not just "profile fields".  Also make sure the ID field in both those tables is set to auto-increment.

-

Rob

Quote · 6 Dec 2008

This is turning into a royal nightmare...

checked profiles and profilefields and pagecompose no new_item or NEWBLOCK in there..

deleted all the files in inc/cd_cached and re loaded the website.. came up with a few missing file error but was able to get into the admin section to try and add NEW_ITEM

and guess what.. the same thing it says it's already been added...

I did a find on the files menu content pageview and there was no instance if the word NEW in any of them.

Did someone hack my code? so that i can not add new items or new blocks?

or is there somewhere else to look yet?

This has been going on for a long time now and i appreciate all the help, it's just that none of it is resolving my issue with new_item and newblock insertions

Quote · 7 Dec 2008

Roaring Biz - probably time to write Dolphin technical support - they are not fast, but they will get back to you eventually.  Before you do, check out this thead where this topic has been covered in detail. http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/#topic/field-builder-error-when-adding-new-item.htm I had this same issue and wrote Boonex - they found it to be the auto-increment issue I mentioned earlier, and corrected it with an SQL command I posted there.  Not sure if that is your issue, but I hope you are able to resolve.

-

Rob

Quote · 8 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.