NGINX VIRTUAL HOSTS - UBUNTU 13.04/NGINX 1.2.6

Hello... Can anyone walk me through the process of setting up virtual hosts with Ubuntu 13.04/Nginx 1.2.6. I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 12.10 to 13.04 and it appears as if the normal virtual host configuration for 12.10 does not work for 13.04. After an extensive Google search I have been unable to find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote · 17 Jul 2013

It has no bearing on the change in the version of the OS.  Look for other areas that were changed during the server changes.  Perhaps the paths are a bit different.  I use Nginx and just got finished setting up a new server with Nginx.  Make sure php is properly set up.  if running php-fpm, make sure the pools are properly set up.  Make sure the user/groups of the pools are the same as the user/group of the website files.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 17 Jul 2013

Just wondering what was the reason to upgrade from 12.10 to 13.04, if its for playing around than fine but upgrading a production server when its running fine is a bad idea. Its not an antivirus that needs updates all the time.

You didn't provide much info to really provide any help, post your site address or the error you get on page or error logs.

so much to do....
Quote · 17 Jul 2013

There was a problem with the server, it went down.  It was decided, not by me, to have the server OS reinstalled.  Personally I would go with CentOS because it is built upon Red Hat Enterprise server and is a harden server OS.  Ubuntu tends to be more of a desktop OS.

Quote · 17 Jul 2013

You don't need to run Nginx as the user of the site files; I normally don't set up the website as root:root myself.  If you are running php-fpm, and are using pools, make sure the pool is running as the user:group of the website files.  If you don't, then php-fpm won't have permission to execute the scripts.  Did you remember to pass the php scripts over to php-fpm and are you sending them to the correct port?  Each pool can listen on a separate port.  Most will set up the server as Nginx and PHP-FPM.  However, you need to spell out more about your particular setup.  If you remembered to back up the nginx.conf and if using sites-enabled, those configs as well, then it should just be a matter of putting them back in place.  My guess is that you need to look at php-fpm settings and configs.

Quote · 17 Jul 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.