Need help - pages links problem

Hi every one,

I have just installed my website with Dolphim software. Now, from the home page, when you click on the menu links like( blogs, photo, video, music, classified ads, events, articles and all their links in the submenus, the browser displays a message: PAGE NOT FOUND.

We checked this problem with my host tech and he did not understand the problem. All links pointing to these pages from the home page are corrects, and these pages are availables on the root (where they were supposed to be).

so, why then the message " PAGE NOT FOUND"?

May be there is something wrong with the coding!!!.

Does any one knows why these links are disabled and how I can get this solved?

Thank you for helping me.

David B.

www.niragi.com

Quote · 12 Dec 2008

Can't figure out what file you mean. I am not very tech in fact. Still need your help please.

Quote · 12 Dec 2008

Make sure that the site has the file 

.htaccess

in the root directory (it is included with the dolphin download) - altho on Windows machines you will not be able to see it unless you change you Folder view options to show hidden files.

If the .htaccess is on the server - and you still get the Page Not Found error - contact your host and ask them to enable mod_rewrite - they will know what you are talking about.

If you cannot find the htaccess file here is a htaccess file for dolphin:

Unzip and upload the file to Dolphin Root Directory

D

Quote · 12 Dec 2008

Thanks Daniel.

I was having the .htaccess file in my root but it was blank. I just edited it from my cpanel, I copied and pasted the one you provided the link.  Immediately, I tested my pages on the home page and every thing was OK.

Great thanks. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Quote · 12 Dec 2008

Very much thanks. I got every thing fine, except this:

How do we get to fix this?

mod_security on

And:

Globals Off

David B

www.niragi.com

Quote · 13 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.