Need some advice.

I have a website set up that I switched over from Joomla to Dolphin several months ago.  At the time, I had the initial RC version of PhpBB3 and I had a bridge installed.  Everything has worked ok.

Then...I started paying people to install some of the other extensions on my website.  I paid for the extensions and the installs, but...nothing has worked.  In the process of having things installed by others, I have actually lost functioning for my website and because I didn't make the changes myself, I have no clue of how to fix things.

To me, it seems that the smartest thing to do is to simply start over???  I installed a new Dolphin to start playing with on my same server and was going to transfer all groups/articles etc through the cpanel once I got it finished.  It seems though that the versions that I have of dolphin have different sql Profile files.

Also, since I had my phpBB3 bridged to my website, I have NO idea how on earth to upgrade the PHPBB3.  It seems at this point that it would also make sense to install a brand new version of phpBB3 and start over with that and the bridge too, but I don't want to lose the tens of thousands of posts as well as the users.

I wish that I had never handed over control of my website (that I have been running for 10 years) to the people here who were offering paid extensions, but I did.

I can't get responses now from these people even when I have offered to pay again.

Can someone please help me figure out how to fix things?

My website address is:  http://www.medicalspouse.com

I'd like to upgrade my phpBB3 forums to the most stable version, get rid of the stores thing that I paid out the behind for that doesn't work, get rid of the Superpoke thing (that also doesn't work) and somehow fix the admin articles thing that was disabled when something was installed.  The only way I can add articles now is to actually login to the cpanel and add it in the mysql table.

If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, I would be so grateful.  I feel so upset about this.

Kri

Quote · 16 Jan 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.