New Installation Questions

I have a lot of questions after my first day.  This is more robust than I anticipated.

1. As I am looking at the Site Statistics, I’d like to know what some of them mean

a. Photos (I have several photos on my site and it says there are 0)

b. Videos / Music / Profile Videos.  To what are these referring?  I do not want my users to upload videos or music.  How can I remove the stat and also disable them from doing so

c. Tags?

2. Ray Desktop

a. When installing, it does not create Start Menu Folder or Desktop Shortcut.  Can this be fixed so that my users can actually use the program once it’s installed?

b. Can the program file name (Agent_v3.5.0000.exe) be renamed (e.g., minglechat.exe) so that it is more in line with my branding?

c. The title line of the top of the program window says Ray Desltop, can I change this?

d. When I try to view profiles or check mail, it does not know that I am already logged in.

e. When I choose About Us, it brings up an about us page talking about Boonex.  How do I adjust the about us page?

3. I would like to temporarily remove these sections (but re-activate them later).  How do I turn them off.  Will turning them off, then on affect my users in any way other than intended?

a. Classifieds

b. Groups

c. Blogs

d. Videos

e. Music

f. Groups

4. When I go to Forums, “Orca” is in the title line.  How can I edit it so that I can adjust to my branding?

5. What is “Boards”?  It says it is not registered

6. In Settings what is:

a. Cupid Mail

b. Affiliate Support

c. Comments for Profile?

d. Profile Customization

e. Ray Pro?

f. Profile Poll Activation

g. Friends Statistics

h. Database Pruning: If they are currently a paying customer, will it still clean out their profile After the set amount of days?

7. When I click on Chat, it says it is not registered.  Is this a different functionality from the A/V Messenger?  How does a member access AV Messenger?

8. Events:

a. For events created by Admin, there are several items not needed for all my events.  Is there away to disable/enable these fields as necessary?

b. When I join an event, I have a message: “Thank you for your participation in Happy Hour @ Duke's We appreciate your purchase and you will be responded to via email at”.  I was not charging for the event. Nor did I pay for anything.  How do I adjust the message?  Can I add additional email templates?  Can I have different templates to go out with different types of events?  For example, if my members can elect to attend a free Happy Hour, and a fee based event, do I have to use the same auto message when they sign up for both events?

c. In Admin > Events, what is “Member side Option, Choose Period”?

9. Moderators

a. Do they have access to the admin panel?  If not, can I set up an additional admin and give them limited access?

b. What is the difference between the “Approval” and “Active” status?

10. How do I insert news feeds?

Quote · 4 Jun 2008

I have a lot of questions after my first day.  This is more robust than I anticipated.

1. As I am looking at the Site Statistics, I’d like to know what some of them mean

a. Photos (I have several photos on my site and it says there are 0)

b. Videos / Music / Profile Videos.  To what are these referring?  I do not want my users to upload videos or music.  How can I remove the stat and also disable them from doing so

c. Tags?

2. Ray Desktop

a. When installing, it does not create Start Menu Folder or Desktop Shortcut.  Can this be fixed so that my users can actually use the program once it’s installed?

b. Can the program file name (Agent_v3.5.0000.exe) be renamed (e.g., minglechat.exe) so that it is more in line with my branding?

c. The title line of the top of the program window says Ray Desltop, can I change this?

d. When I try to view profiles or check mail, it does not know that I am already logged in.

e. When I choose About Us, it brings up an about us page talking about Boonex.  How do I adjust the about us page?

3. I would like to temporarily remove these sections (but re-activate them later).  How do I turn them off.  Will turning them off, then on affect my users in any way other than intended?

a. Classifieds

b. Groups

c. Blogs

d. Videos

e. Music

f. Groups

4. When I go to Forums, “Orca” is in the title line.  How can I edit it so that I can adjust to my branding?

5. What is “Boards”?  It says it is not registered

6. In Settings what is:

a. Cupid Mail

b. Affiliate Support

c. Comments for Profile?

d. Profile Customization

e. Ray Pro?

f. Profile Poll Activation

g. Friends Statistics

h. Database Pruning: If they are currently a paying customer, will it still clean out their profile After the set amount of days?

7. When I click on Chat, it says it is not registered.  Is this a different functionality from the A/V Messenger?  How does a member access AV Messenger?

8. Events:

a. For events created by Admin, there are several items not needed for all my events.  Is there away to disable/enable these fields as necessary?

b. When I join an event, I have a message: “Thank you for your participation in Happy Hour @ Duke's We appreciate your purchase and you will be responded to via email at”.  I was not charging for the event. Nor did I pay for anything.  How do I adjust the message?  Can I add additional email templates?  Can I have different templates to go out with different types of events?  For example, if my members can elect to attend a free Happy Hour, and a fee based event, do I have to use the same auto message when they sign up for both events?

c. In Admin > Events, what is “Member side Option, Choose Period”?

9. Moderators

a. Do they have access to the admin panel?  If not, can I set up an additional admin and give them limited access?

b. What is the difference between the “Approval” and “Active” status?

10. How do I insert news feeds?

Quote · 6 Jun 2008

Clayton, I am looking for a lot of the same answers. If you find them please let me know.  It would be much appreciated.

Quote · 6 Jun 2008

1. It seems the install is not proper.

2. You can rename it.

3. Goto your admin panel menu builder and make it not visible.

4. Open the file orca/inc/header.inc.php and edit it.

5. Replace the files in xml folder of that widjet and reupload from newpack. Then set permission and register from admin panel.

6. These enable that components functionality.

7. Follow the same in point 5. For AV Chat , in the normal chat there will be option to open video console.

9.They don't have access to admin panel. They have control over member(but can't delete)

10. In the page builder in admin panel. Add new RSS block. Edit its settings with the feed URL.

Regards,

Praveen

http://cpanel.happy-hosting.com

----
Quote · 6 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.